Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2000 Pathy, would keep it forever, but my son is waiting on it : (

Anyway, my rear liftgate just stopped working electronically. It won't lock or unlock off the remote (Nissan remote) or via the power button on the door. All the other door locks work, and I can lock/unlock the rear by the key.

Is there an electric switch or an activator/actuator thing that may have gone bad on the liftgate?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
your hunch is probably right, an actuator on the liftgate... however maybe the actuator is not the problem but the connection. happened to my Path a month ago and as it turned out the wire was loose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea how to find actuator?

Thanks dakila,

Any idea how to find this actuator?
Was your loose wire easily accessible?

Chuck

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi justchuck, take out the inside upholstery or plastic covering (am not sure what ur pathy uses since mine is an older model) as soon as you're able to take it off you'll easily find the actuator. and yes the loose wire in my case was easy to access. good luck with your liftgate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again

I will check it out. I was looking at the actually locking latch today. That's just two bolts to remove it. I hate to touch anything if I don't know what I'm doing, for fear of making it worse, losing a screw, breaking something, etc.

Does the inside panel just pry off, like with a screwdriver?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts