Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to have to 2k Pathy towed into the garage as the steering just stopped working. When you tried to turn the wheel it acted as if it did not want to turn and it would be very jerky.

It wasn't drivable either way so we had it towed in.

This was Monday and I just found out today (Wed 4/20/05) that is actually the harmonic balancer that needs to be replaced.

Does that part affect the steering? They quoted me $235 for the replacement kit as it's a dealer part and I couldn't find anywhere online cheaper to order it.

Is that a normal price for the replacement parts?

The car has over 150,000 miles on it now so it doesn't surprise me that I've got some problems now.

Just looking for anyone's thoughts on the harmonic balancer and if I'm getting ripped off on the part or if it's normal.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
comfreak said:
I just had to have to 2k Pathy towed into the garage as the steering just stopped working. When you tried to turn the wheel it acted as if it did not want to turn and it would be very jerky.

It wasn't drivable either way so we had it towed in.

This was Monday and I just found out today (Wed 4/20/05) that is actually the harmonic balancer that needs to be replaced.

Does that part affect the steering? They quoted me $235 for the replacement kit as it's a dealer part and I couldn't find anywhere online cheaper to order it.

Is that a normal price for the replacement parts?

The car has over 150,000 miles on it now so it doesn't surprise me that I've got some problems now.

Just looking for anyone's thoughts on the harmonic balancer and if I'm getting ripped off on the part or if it's normal.
The outer part of it drives the power steering through the pulley.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts