Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone aware of any problems with 2000 Nissan Sentra's overheating? Was driving on the Baltimore Beltway a few days ago and all of a sudden Engine cut out and service engine light went out. Got to the shoulder and had it towed to the dealer. They say there is no pressure in 3 of 4 cylinders. They are trying to find out what caused the overheat to determine if the extended warranty would cover it. There were no warning lights on or anything in advance. I just find this is very unlikely to happen from something minor, that wouldn't be covered under the warranty. But , I'm waiting for them to call me back and let me know what they determine. Wanted to see if you all knew of any similar experiences with 2000 Sentras in case I need information to tell them if they argue it wasn't a problem with the mechanics of the car.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
no pressure in 3 of the 4 cylinders? that has nothing to do with overheating...that means piston rings are probably shot. remember it has a 60k drivetrain warranty ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

thing is there was an antifreeze leak noticed when the tow truck picked my car up, but I'm assuming you are suggesting the antifreeze leak might exist but that it was unlikely to be the cause of this problem.

I don't know a lot about cars, but just looking for information when the dealership calls me back. They said the extended warranty MIGHT cover this, but it depends on what caused the damage. They've been looking over the car for 2 days now, I figure the longer it takes the more likely it's something that's covered? Figure things that are general wear of the vehicle would be able to be discovered quickly right? (they said if those items contributed to the damage then it wouldn't be covered)

·