Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Nissan people. I have a 2000 Nissan Sentra and a few weeks ago was driving it and it just had no power at all. Did some troubleshooting and seemed the exhaust was not coming out much -- suspected the CAC. Had both of them replaced and $1100 later the car still runs like crap. They said it may be the fuel pump/filter -- It runs really rough and especially when trying to give it any gas -- I'm stumped. Replaced the spark plugs, CAC so far. Seen another post wtih a similar issue but there was no posts to it. PLEASE if you have any idea what this may be or even some suggestions i'd really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An update...i replaced the fuel pump and have the same problem. I was under the hood manually giving it some gas...didn't want to accelerate at all. There are 2 fuel hoses that go to each side of the fuel rail ....seems when i squeeze the one that goes toward the passenger side...the car runs great...let it off and runs like crap again...is this a fuel return line or something??? Why does it make the car run great when I pinch it off?? I was amazed at the difference it makes when that fuel line is pinched...its like it has super power compared to what it had. If you are having similar issues try it see what happens.....i'm just curious if anyone knows what this might be and what is causing it? The garage I took it to last week just wanted to start replacing things at my expense. Any any input appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It`s the injectors are partly cloged up.

Those cars do not have an inline fuel filter and what happens is that they get clogged up so when you cut off the return fuel line it give them more pressure to pass through the trash thats in them. Theres a lot of websites that will rebuilt your injectors for a very affordable price ($16.00 each) or buy some new ones at about $95.00 each(Advance Auto Parts) or rebuilt ones for $53.00 on up. What i did to mine was to take them off and had them check and clean by an outfit here in Georgia, Fuel Injector Connection LLC ($20.00 each) they are a local. So, if i have any issues i can go directly to him.
Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those cars do not have an inline fuel filter and what happens is that they get clogged up so when you cut off the return fuel line it give them more pressure to pass through the trash thats in them. Theres a lot of websites that will rebuilt your injectors for a very affordable price ($16.00 each) or buy some new ones at about $95.00 each(Advance Auto Parts) or rebuilt ones for $53.00 on up. What i did to mine was to take them off and had them check and clean by an outfit here in Georgia, Fuel Injector Connection LLC ($20.00 each) they are a local. So, if i have any issues i can go directly to him.
Good luck
Yes I understand these cars do not have an inline filter -- the only filter is in the tank and this one was replaced with the fuel pump I just put in it. Pretty sure the sensor that the return fuel line runs into is a fuel pressure regulator that controls the pressure using a vaccum switch inside the pressure regulator. It would make sense that if that is bad the pressure build up would not not allow the correct pressure to the injectors. I mean it may of course be the injectors but this happened quickly with no warning so i'm hoping its just the pressure regulator. Ideas or thoughts welcomed. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
check out sensors. start with MAF. they get jacked up if you dont change the air filter and dust gets thru. check vac.lines. or... take it to a mech. and pay $100 for a diagnostics...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having trouble with my 2000 nissan sentra 1.8 and would really appreciate it if you guys could please help me out. My car is currently misfiring.I have changed the spark plugs and ignition coils recently. Put in a new mass air flow sensor and cam sensor but it doesn't seem to help. Also,2 years ago I replaced the catalytic converter. I do not know what else I can do? Anyone have an idea? Thanks

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,819 Posts
Check for a blown head gasket; it's a common problem on the 1.8L. I would perform a cylinder leakdown test, but before that, check the plugs for signs of abnormal burning or coolant contamination.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I inspected the plugs and they are fine. I did find excess oil in cylinder 2. What does that mean? Also ignition coil #2 completely burned out and I replaced all four coils. sorry but what is a cylinder leakdown test?

·
Registered
4 Posts
2000 nissan sentra was running fine till belt broke now i get crank no start. fuel pump is good . relay is good no fuel getting to engine i pulled out the filter casing and it is dry as a bone. there is a white relay before the filter box but the axle with lots of lines connected to it and a sensor don't know what to do.. Help
Theresa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts