Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is a 2000 Frontier King Cab 2wd with 78,000 miles I use as a daily driver. I put around 50 miles roundtrip daily on it. I service the oil frequently and filter. I just at 75,000 miles had a K&N Air Filter, K&N Oil Filter, I am using Royal Purple synthetic(I have a Saleen too and got a unreal deal on the oil at less than $2 a quart). I had all the belts changed, fuel filter, and plugs. My question is what mainatainance does anyone recommend at this stage of the truck's life with the amount of miles. I baby the truck and want it to last quite awhile. This is my first Nissan as I had a '88 Yota with the 22R motor in it but my wife totalled it so I went out and picked up this Frontier. Thanks for the input.

WM

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'd probably add a new distributor cap and rotor to the list. If it is an automatic I'd drop the pan change the transmission fluid (this changes about a third of the fluid but I'd like to see that there is nothing unusual in the pan). When was the last time you serviced the cooling system? Unless you are using long life coolant I'd suggest a change every other year. Is the brake fluid clean and not dark? A brake fluid change every two years or so is suggested.

Otherwise, if it works don't fix it.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts