Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 maxima - 110,000 miles on it. up until recently its been fine, i take care of it - (oil,filters etc). recently i was driving and the transmission went 'neutral' while driving. this was about after an hour of driving. it would not go into gear even though i was in drive. i had to pull over - shut the car down and let it sit while i figured out what happend. i waited about 2 - 3 minutes, started it up and it did the same thing. it would go in first but rev really high - and not shift. if i am already driving - say slowing down from highway driving, it will go neutral.

it only happens off and on - sometimes after an hour of driving, sometimes right away but usually after 40 minutes to an hour of driving. ive taken the car to THREE different places and no one can figure it out and say they cannot duplicate the problem.

i just got the car back from a mechanic who replaced the front cv's, all 02 sensors and solenids - they also could not locate or determine the exact problem but i needed new cv's so i had them do the tranny also.

i had a ''basic overhaul'' kit done on the tranny - the mechanic said since there is no visual damage, no computer scans showing anything besides 02 sensors that he only reccommended that since i insisted there was an issue.

theres gotta be SOMEONE who has had this issue with the car !!!
please help ! thank you!

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad trans! Btw, the Nissan auto trans shouldn't get "rebuilt", a new or "rebuilt" by Nissan trans should be put in. The O2s were replaced also cause of a trans problem? What kind of mechanic changes O2s cause of a trans problem? I hope you fix your trans problem...GL!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you have a bad trans! Btw, the Nissan auto trans shouldn't get "rebuilt", a new or "rebuilt" by Nissan trans should be put in. The O2s were replaced also cause of a trans problem? What kind of mechanic changes O2s cause of a trans problem? I hope you fix your trans problem...GL!
the 02's needed to be replaced - check engine light code was for the 02's. i also needed front cv boots - and when the tranny did what i explained i took it into the mechanic for all those repairs - plus a basic 'overhaul' kit for the trans since they couldnt find the problem - visually, computer scan and test drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts