Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dig this site and Forum, thanks all for yur' help. Gonna embark on my new rides 1st large scale exterior finish job. The SE is black and the paint is in pretty good shape. I got on Mequiars RX site and they recommended: 1) Wash with "Gold CLass Shampoo". 2) "ScratchX" for surface prep. 3) "Deep Crystal Polish System" for duh... polishing. 4) "Gold CLass Carnuba Wax" last.
Anyone out there used any of this stuff and is it cool/safe for my rides paint? Lame question: I do have a clear coat finish, right? Any suggestions for alternate system. I'll be doing this all by hand-jive'

thx
daleheck

· Registered
103 Posts
You definitely have clear coat. I have never heard of using scratchX as a surface prep but I don't know enough about it. I usually use Meguiars Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner for surface preparation and I have an extensive line of Meguiars Mirror Glaze products that I use for polishing and wxing steps. The Meguiars deep crystal and gold class are good consumer products but I like the Mirror Glaze for its performance and selection of products for specific applications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.