Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Sentra 1.8 idles very good. but just as soon as you give it gas it run very bad.
Things I`v done so far but it made no difference.
Replaced two coil packs and swapped them all around.
New spark plugs.
Replace crank sensor, cam sensor.
Tested the variable timing soleniod to make sure its working problerly and it is.
Replaced the mass air flow sensor.
Sent the ECU off to have it tested and they just told me that they cannot find nothing wrong with it.
Replaced the catalytic converters.
All those things and it still has the same problem.

I`m going to take the EGR valve today to make sure its not stuck open.
I`m also going to take the air control valve off to see if there something that can see that might be wrong with it as well.
Any input from anybody would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

I took it to my local Nissan dealer($95.00)they wanted to charge me $285.00 to drain the gas tank because they said it some real bad gas in it. I took it home and did it myself removed the fuel pump siphon all the gas filled it with some new gas and still no change.
EGR checked out ok.
Replaced the variable timing solenoid ($120.00) still no change.
The car idles ok but when you give it gas between 1000 rpm and 1800 its like it has a miss but once you rev it to about 2500 it will run good around those rpms.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took it to my local Nissan dealer($95.00)they wanted to charge me $285.00 to drain the gas tank because they said it some real bad gas in it. I took it home and did it myself removed the fuel pump siphon all the gas filled it with some new gas and still no change.
EGR checked out ok.
Replaced the variable timing solenoid ($120.00) still no change.
The car idles ok but when you give it gas between 1000 rpm and 1800 its like it has a miss but once you rev it to about 2500 it will run good around those rpms.
Do you install an original Nissan MAF?
Try cleaning your TB and MAF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you install an original Nissan MAF?
Try cleaning your TB and MAF.
I did buy a MAF sensor from Advance Auto parts which was am OEM rebuilt by Cardone and it made a huge improvement. Finally found this Japaneses mechanic and he told me that the engine had jump timing. I took it apart and sure enough the timing chain was off by a tooth.
Order all my parts through factorynissanparts.com]Nissan Parts | Factory Nissan Parts | OEM Nissan Parts[/url] which by the way has awesome prices and very nice folks that run the website. I`m still in the process of re-assembly.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts