Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2000 frontier crew cab with 2 wheel drive with the towing package. The steering wheel has a little free play and feels like something is loose or worn. Also the steering column inside the truck will move left and right if you push on it even when the column is locked with tilt locking lever. Any ideas what might be?

·
Registered
8 Posts
SNY said:
Also the steering column inside the truck will move left and right if you push on it even when the column is locked with tilt locking lever. Any ideas what might be?

You mean the entire column or the steering wheel "turns" left/right?

Our truck has a very poor "on-center-feel" when driving down the road. After new tires at 60,000 miles it felt better. Now at a 100K it feels the same.

You can go outside the vehicle and kit the tires. If it moves alot or you hear a clunk you have some steering arms/etc wore out. Although I doubt this.

Was the vehicle ever crashed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it hasnt been wrecked.... i mean the whole column will move left and right. i pulled the cover off and it looks like there is some sort of sliding mechanism and has some bolts on them. I checked to see if they were loose, but they werent

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got the column fixed. there is these two wedge devices that adjust the side play of the column. They were loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts