Nissan Forum banner

2000 frontier no electrical power

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Cusser 
#1 ·
Hi, here is an interesting problem I hope you can solve for me.
2000 Frontier,no lights, no start, no radio or interior anything. All the normal things have been checked. Fully charged battery, clean terminals,100 amp fuse ok and so on. This is the fun part, with the light switch on pull up on the battery feed to the fuse (fuseable link) box under the hood passenger side, and the lights come on. Try the starter and everything goes dead. Pull up on the battery feed and have the wife try the starter and starts right up (keeps running perfectly until the next incident) . I figured that the battery feed to the 100 amp fuse must be loose, but they both sides are tight. Just wondering if anyone has run into this situation, and possibly found a solution short of replacing the fuse block.
Any help or ideas will be appreciated.
shortcircuit

#6 ·
Having a good positive voltage only works if you have a good ground. All the positive wiring could be ok, just need a good ground wire. Been there-wire was broken inside and not visible. Use a ohm meter and check for continuity by removing the wire and checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
2000 Frontier no electrical power

Truck has not failed in the last week or so. I have a multi-meter with me so I can try to track the problem next time it fails. There are not any grounds near the fuse box so pulling up on the fuse box to regain power would seem like a problem at the fuse box. Connections re clean and tight. Oh dwell, time will tell.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
shortcircuit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.