Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to know if anyone has or has experience/info about a 2000 focus se sedan.

Is it a match for a 96 200sx se?

Just wondering

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
If it's a 5spd it will give you a run for your money! Is your 200sx auto or 5spd? If it's auto you're toast if the focus is 5spd. If you're both auto it should be interesting.

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both of the cars are autos, and mine(the 200) has a jwt pop, and my friends(focus) is stock. We raced b4 but it wasnt really a race cause we had our girls in our car who get mad when we race. It was a dead heat from redlight launch up until we had to slow down for some railroad tracks, so there wasnt really an end. Other times we never finish a race.
Thats why i wanted to know which is the better car (nissan :)) and which would most likely win.

Oh yeah, .. would turning overdive off in my car make a BIG difference in that race?

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there any actual proof that power shifting hurts the tranny?

G

·
Man...the Focus SE sedans are weak! You need to race a ZTS or ZX3 if anything. LOL, those SE sedans are 110hp. The ZTS sedans come with the Zetec 130hp engines, the SVT Focus has the 170hp engine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
nstalr01 said:
turning the overdrive off will allow you to stay in third gear untill you hit the rev limiter or fuel cutoff.
how does that help??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.