Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to know if anyone has or has experience/info about a 2000 focus se sedan.

Is it a match for a 96 200sx se?

Just wondering

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
If it's a 5spd it will give you a run for your money! Is your 200sx auto or 5spd? If it's auto you're toast if the focus is 5spd. If you're both auto it should be interesting.

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both of the cars are autos, and mine(the 200) has a jwt pop, and my friends(focus) is stock. We raced b4 but it wasnt really a race cause we had our girls in our car who get mad when we race. It was a dead heat from redlight launch up until we had to slow down for some railroad tracks, so there wasnt really an end. Other times we never finish a race.
Thats why i wanted to know which is the better car (nissan :)) and which would most likely win.

Oh yeah, .. would turning overdive off in my car make a BIG difference in that race?

·
Registered
90 Posts
turning the overdrive off will allow you to stay in third gear untill you hit the rev limiter or fuel cutoff. so yeah it could help. as woulod shifting out manually from first to fourth

·
West Coast *******
1,127 Posts
Shifting your auto Manually will cause harm to your transmission, I strongly advise against doing that, unless you're planning an auto-to-manual swap.

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there any actual proof that power shifting hurts the tranny?

·
Banned
302 Posts
i've raced a focus sedan before, pretty sure it was an auto, mine's a stick. i beat him by a good 4-5 car lengths.

G

·
Man...the Focus SE sedans are weak! You need to race a ZTS or ZX3 if anything. LOL, those SE sedans are 110hp. The ZTS sedans come with the Zetec 130hp engines, the SVT Focus has the 170hp engine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
nstalr01 said:
turning the overdrive off will allow you to stay in third gear untill you hit the rev limiter or fuel cutoff.
how does that help??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts