Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm really into Nissan's and want to buy another one. Right now I have a B13 GA16 Sentra with a few mods (timing, CAI), but I am looking to upgrade. I know a lot about Sentra's and the different models engines and platforms, but I want to lean more towards the 200 or 240.

The problem is, I know very little about the engines/aftermarket parts for them. What would any of you recommend? Which has the best record for not having mechanical problems, and of course, power (hp/tq)? I'm researching them right now but I figured I would post this for the experts to answer. THanks a lot people.

Long live Nissan

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
2-4-0!!!!! The 240 has a hell of a lot of potential. You can SR20DET it...another plus is that it is rwd...If I didn't have a sentra, I would probably get a 240. I like the S14 model myself.

N

·
0 Posts
A car's preference is determined by the 'JDM aftermarket"?

Either car modded would/could be fast. You just gotta know how to build it.

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
samo said:
S14s, the ones with the "angry eyes" are beautiful, just plain beautiful. And F/R is always a bonus too!
Hell Yeah. They look soooo sweet. If I come across one cheap, I'll break down and sell my Sentra. :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm questioning you saying you know a lot about sentras. the 200sx is nothing more than a 2 door sentra with a different trunk and taillights. a sentra may be longer but i doubt it since they have the same chassis. i could make my sentra look exactly like a 200sx and the only way you could tell is my the vin number. But back to the question dont let the similarity in name (or in this case) numbers fool you their is a big difference in the two
200sx fwd 240sx rwd
200sx GA16DE or Sr20de 240sx kA24 (jspec silvia 2rs20Det)
completely different looks

Even i know this i'm i'm a stereo/cosmetics guy not a performance guy

·
Registered
722 Posts
and with me looking over my post, a stereo/cosmetic guy with very bad proof reading skills

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i personally like the s15 models. i believe the newer style s15 models are fast clean and aggresive looking.

·
0 Posts
Definitely go for the 240SX--the RWD experience is worth the extra bit of money. Plus--the rarity of the car--mine's a '96 and only 7000 sold in the US that year. The '95's only sold 12000. The '97/'98's (shark-eyes, or angry-eyes) only sold 7000 total between those two years. Of course it makes aftermarket parts a bit more expensive (especially compared to Honduh parts), but it is soooooo worth it!!! So much potential!! So much fun!!! Totally awesome on an auto-cross track!!!

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts