Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any affordable ideas for looks or power without voiding a warranty? i cant think of anything...thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Intake, header, exhaust, pulley, shocks & springs or coilovers, wheels & tires, brakes...pretty much any quick bolt-on will not void your warranty (despite what the dealership tells you). In order for any of these parts to void your warranty, the dealership will have to prove that the aftermarket equipment is what caused the problem. What upgrades will do as far as voiding the warranty, is void the coverage of the particular part that is replaced (ie: if you throw on a Stromung exhuast and you get a hole in the piping, the dealership won't cover it, but you knew that). All you have to do is know your rights. Aftermarket products that you put on your car do not automatically void your entire factory warranty.

Moral of the story? Upgrade to your hearts content. As long as you don't replace the engine internals, your factory warranty will remain in tact. Hope this helps!

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, its actually not a factory warranty though, got it after we bought the car from the dealership. What do you think is the easiest way to make a cold air intake...i just don't see how it fits into the existing air filter. what else is cheap in the mods? Thanks again.

N

·
0 Posts
some dealerships are cool about warranty issues and some are pretty much d*cks.........and they dont care if they cant prove your mods caused the problem, they say 'u modded the engine, u voided the warranty, everything has to remain stock" and that is wack

K

·
0 Posts
I upgraded my car with every bolt on I could get my hands on back in 1995. I took my car to the dealer several times to get some work done and they did say a word. Funny thing is...they had to replace a starter under warranty and they charged me 3.0 of labor to take it off!!! Aint that a biatch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts