Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
B13 vs B14
There are some minor differences like the speed sensor. If both have the electronic speed sensor It may be OK. I am sure others have done this, search and read up.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
B13/B14 trans are definitely interchangeable, I've got a B13 Sentra trans on my B14 GA block right now. Only issue is you won't be able to use your CPS if you have a B14 (which doesn't matter, the ECU only uses the CPS when there is a misfire). I think the gearing is slightly different too. The sensors are pretty much the same, except B14 is electronic. Just swap it out for whatever car you're gonna use, i.e. if you're using a B13 trans swap the mechanical out for the B14's electric, and vice versa. That's pretty much it, they're the same housing/everything except for on the B13 there's no hole for the CPS to bolt into, which isn't that big of a deal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool! whats a cps?? so i can put the sx trans in the sentra? just making sure! can you explain the whole cps thing?

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
CPS is the crankshaft position sensor iirc, and the ECU uses it only when there's a misfire. You won't have an electrical connector for it so don't worry about it.

The electrical/mechanical speedo sensor, all you have to do when you swap the 200sx's trans over to the B13's is swap the speedo sensor from the B13's trans with the one from the 200sx's and you should be good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts