Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got two friends with vw golf gtis. one has an 89 16 valve, and the other has an 86 8 valve. i finally got around to racing both of them tonight, and i got em real good. the 16 valve i pulled out in 2nd and had about 1 and a half cars on halfway through third, when i shut it down, the 8 valve i walked. i drive a 93 se-r. timing at 17, ghetto ebay strut bar.

·
Registered
46 Posts
nice kill :)

btw does anybody know how fast 1.8T's are. i think they're hatchbacks. all of a sudden four girls where i live have them and have slammed them to the ground and put 18's on them. i want to race them but i have no idea how fast they are.

J

·
0 Posts
I noW

Audi A3 1.8T 150hp 0-62 in 8.5 manuel..you should be able to win 1/4mile...i win whith my Nissan Primera GT 150+hp..igot HSH:) as long as they dont have CHIP :/.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Isnt a Primera 0-60 in like 10 sec?

J

·
0 Posts
hahaha

Importracer said:
Isnt a Primera 0-60 in like 10 sec?
'

looool....mayby the SRI and others..i got the GT 150hp...its faster then G20...0-62 in 8.7 instructionbok...8.5 tested on swedish tv!

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Shaolin_Racer, 1.8T is not a car. Its just a motor. (Like SR20DE) They are put in everything from the new beetle, to the Audi A4, to the TT.

When they first came out in the states, the gti's were pretty bad little cars. They are not all that much today, but I wouldnt want to race one of the new ones. The 1.8T makes 180hp and takes 6.5 seconds 0-60, and 15.3 in the 1/4 mile. (Car and Driver, March 2002) The VR6 is even better. Its got like 202hp. Not sure of the times though. The only problem is that they arent the greatest handling cars. But wait til the 25th Anniversary Edition comes out. Same 180hp but with a 6-speed, 18'' BBS wheels, Recaro seats, stiffer suspension etc. Its called something else here cause GTI's have only been in the states for 19 years. I think its like 337 or something like that. Here are some pics.... (I know this is not a VW forum. But its a pretty bad ass car)

http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/images/02gti337_1.jpg

http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/images/02gti337_int1.jpg

http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/images/02gti337_3.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Shoot! I saw your car list in your post....

Screw the Nissan, you'll take that 325is to town. Pit a German vs a German and then you've got a race. Sure it would be cool to see your SE-R smoke 'em, but my love will always be for the Bimmer

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
clsindustries said:
Shoot! I saw your car list in your post....

Screw the Nissan, you'll take that 325is to town. Pit a German vs a German and then you've got a race. Sure it would be cool to see your SE-R smoke 'em, but my love will always be for the Bimmer
i had raced both of those cars in my bimmer before, and it was just far too easy. the thing has somewhere in the range of 200hp(butt dyno) and i was racing stock 4 cylinders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts