Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first question is does anyone know any tricks to reset the check engine light like they did on the thread with the airbag light and my second question is has anyone had a problem with the cable going to their speedometer coming lose ocassionally? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
To clear your check engine light, pull out the ECU (it is underneath the dash). Using a flathead screwdriver, turn the little screw thing all the way to the other side. Wait a couple secs and then turn it back to the original position. Now the code will either blink where the CEL is, or the code will blink on the ECU LED light.

To reset it, turn it to the other side and then back agian.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
or you can go to autozone and they'll tell read the code off the ecu (if you dont know whats wrong alreayd) and will probably reset the ecu (if you ask nicely, aparantly they're not really supposed to do it)

·
Banned
93 Posts
if u reset it its eventually going to come back on or atleast mine did

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
luckysperm said:
if u reset it its eventually going to come back on or atleast mine did
However if you go to auto zone and they tell you why it is doing it then you can get it fixed. Then it wont be coming back on any more.

·
Banned
93 Posts
xbrandonx said:
However if you go to auto zone and they tell you why it is doing it then you can get it fixed. Then it wont be coming back on any more.
my haynes manuel told me what to fix but i put it off for a while lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.