Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got two questions for everyone. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Question #1

Has anyone used the GReddy SP Catback exhaust on a 95-98 200sx-ser? I heard that they were fairly good exhaust systems and I was wondering if anyone had on hand experience with it? I dont want something that is gonna be too loud or drone out at high speeds.

Question #2

Ive seen ad's for electric superchargers for the nissan 200sx-ser. These superchargers tend to be very cheap, but I was wondering if it would be worth the 50$-200$ in cost to slap one on the car. I have no experience or knowledge with such a product and was curious if anyone did. Any feedback will be appreciated.

·
Registered
871 Posts
the Greddy SP is the quietest muffler Greddy makes. It is an awesome muffler. The only problem I've ever seen with them is on some Honda's they hang a little to low, and if the car is dropped very low the muffler scrapes. Other than that they are a great muffler.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
The $50 electric supercharger is a bunch of crap. Chris Pinthong in San Diego dynoed on on his NX2K and got zero horsepower gain.

As for imparting rotation to intake air, that's lost by the time all of the turns in the intake have been negotiated. I could maybe see a use on a carbureted car; the swirl would help with air/fuel mixing. On a port fuel-injected car, it will have no benefit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a Greddy SP exhaust on my 97 SE-R. I like this exhaust so much better than any other exhaust I've ever had. (Stillen & HP)
It fits perfect & it sounds good.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
i had Greddy SP exhaust on my 200SX. It sounded nice (deep tone at idle) until I installed the H$ header. Maybe because my car is GA16, it became a loud exhaust. But with your SR20 you will be happy. Tip size is a bit too big for me (IMO), but overall quality is very high.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's what a header does frees up air flow

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a GReddy on my 96 se-r, and, as of right now, this is my favorite mod. It gave me quite a bit of upper end power, coupled with my intake and 91 cam I can actually have traction and then lose it around 6000rpms when I put it on!! Very easy install, and the sound never becomes "farty" even when I'm hitting rev limiter. The only thing I don't really like as much is the huge tip, but I got used to it. If you are debating, go ahead and get it you won't be disappointed. As far as getting one for a good price...go to....the SR20DEFORUM!!!! Just put a post in the for sale/wanted forum and there is always one for sale. I got mine for 300 there. I had another website that had it for 480, but I deleted it once I got my exhaust. Go to www.groupbuycenter.com and do a search for "GReddy." There are usually GB's on there also.

As far as the supercharger goes....I was about to buy one but I asked myself..."I paid 250 for my CAI, which gave me no more than 10hp...and a header is close to $500...and it gives at the most 14hp. Now why could I buy this for $100 and have it give me more than both of those mods combined?" Ask yourself this question and I think you should arrive at the correct answer. Hope my long post helps. :D

Ju§tin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts