Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2 simple/silly questions.

My first questions is this: I am looking at installing a second batter for all of my auxillary equipment in my truck. (95, v6 4x4). is the factory alternator a 90 amp unit? basically i need to figure out what size isolator i will need. i'll be researching this issue as the day goes on, but i thought i'd throw it out there on here first.

my second question, totally unrelated. ever since i got my truck on the road, i've noticed that the driver's side sits higher than the passenger side. i originally thought that my box had a twist in it due to all of the work that was done to it. come to realize this weekend that there is an extra spring in the leafs on the driver's side. could this be the cause of my lop sided looking truck? sorry if that is a silly question, common sense tells me yes, however this is the first time i had a vehicle with steel leafs in it.
if so, is there a bolt that goes through all of them in the center? or is it just the plate that holds everything in align?

i just thought of one more thing, so technically i have 3 questions...sorry. here's the thing...i wanted to play with my timing via turning the distributor, and had an issue. when i loosened the "lock bolt" for it, it will not let me turn it no way no how. am i missing another bolt that i have to loosen? is that sucker stuck some how? can i lube it with something?
thanks!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
i only have a coment for question two. my truck seems to tilt a little towards the passenger side also. someone told me its cause thats the side the gas tank is on. i thought maybe there was a broken or bent leaf in the back. i never thought about counting them, i'll have to count them when its day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, i just thought it was my box, til' i really got looking at the back of it. that's when i noticed that the bumper itself was down as well. that's when the lightbulb went off......

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone have any ideas on the distributor issue? i got my isolator thing delt with. so now i'm left with the tilt of the truck, and my distributor.

and when i try checking my codes, all the lights do is flash at the same time. has anyone ever had issues when checking thier codes? or is my brain a bit too simple to carry out this procedure........lol????

·
Registered
156 Posts
just a silly side note. i was talking to someone that knew someone who was a big guy and owned an hb. to keep it from sagging he put a lift on only the left side.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is funny. however i'm almost convinced that an extra leaf could cause the truck to sit funny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts