Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently dropped my car 2 in and i only put the dropzone springs with the stock shocks, if i put regular shocks , will it stop the bouncin or is it better if i put KYB shocks. Are the Kyb shock or struts shorter than a regular strut or is it the same thing?

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
If anyone hasn't told you, Dropzone springs are Crap! No offense, they are cheap, but I don't think no one even knows what they are made of. If you're gonna go KYB, you need better springs.

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i put the KYB's Will the car raise up a little bit and will it stop the bouncing?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ahh, no, most shocks for a specific application does not lower/raise your car at all. It is the springs that determine the height of the car to the ground. Getting stiffer shocks/struts like the KYB will minimize the bouncing but in return will make the ride harsher, as in you know that you have stiff shocks. Also, you will just have to trim the bumpstop a little for lowering or buy a new set.

K

·
0 Posts
my AGX raised my car up exactly one index finger all the way around ;). However, the ride is much better now, and almost all the bouncing has gone away (well.. where there isn't construction anyway...) I'm thinking they are going to Change Tennessee's state symbol to the orange cone here soon.

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I VISITES MOTIVATIONAL.NET AND I SAW THE SHORTENED STRUTS THE PRICE SHOWS 235.00 FOR EACH STRUT OR SHOCK IS THIS TRUE? AND WAT STRUTS DO U RECOMMEND THAT I SHOULD GET

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
I think we are focusing on the wrong issue here, struts will not help you if you are still using dropzone crap.

FIRST get rid of those springs, you will never get rid of that height which is killing your struts and will continue to destory any struts you buy.

SECOND motivational struts are EXPENSIVE a set of coil-overs will run you over $1k to do it right

THIRD if you don't have that kind of money, judging from your dropzone choice it's not in your budget, SEARCH THIS SITE!!!!
over in the suspension forum this has already been discussed on how to lower your car on a budget

finally, you need to be very clear on what you are asking for help on and what you want out of your car

O

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR RESPONSES, I DID NOT KNOW THAT DROPZONE SPRINGS WERE THAT BAD . I JUST WENT TO THE STORE TO HAVE MY CAR LOWERED AND THATS WHAT THEY GAVE ME , I REALLY WASNT AWARE OF THE QUALITY OF THESE SPRINGS. WHAT LOWERING SPRINGS AND STRUTS WILL MAKE THE CAR RIDE BETTER?

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

yo......you want quality? I have two words for you....
GROUND CONTROL - you pair these up with KYB AGX and you are good to go brother! Peace!

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GROUND CONTROL SPRINGS OR COILOVERS, WHICH ONES ARE BETTER?

·
Registered
235 Posts
With Ground Controls and AGXs you will not be able to lower your car 2" without hitting the bumpstops on a regular basis. The suspension travel on these cars just sucks...if you want to lower 2" you NEED shortened struts. Yeah, they are $250 each. You can get a full kit with springs from Motivational for ~$1400. That's coilovers and the shortened struts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hello everyone

Dude! i feel your pain! i have arospeed coilovers, and the ricer that i am, i dropped it as low as possible.. I finally had enough money to buy kyb agx adjustable shocks. it stopped bouncing, but still is a stiff ride. I advice you to get ground control.. the springs are thicker, and can stand the bumps on the road.

also, motivational engineering has upper mounts that give your car an inch more of travel to your rear wheels. which makes your car feel alot smoother.

late,
edwin

·
Registered
50 Posts
hello everyone

Dude! i feel your pain! i have arospeed coilovers, and the ricer that i am, i dropped it as low as possible.. I finally had enough money to buy kyb agx adjustable shocks. it stopped bouncing, but still is a stiff ride. I advice you to get ground control.. the springs are thicker, and can stand the bumps on the road.

also, motivational engineering has upper mounts that give your car an inch more of travel to your rear wheels. which makes your car feel alot smoother.

late,
edwin

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yo edwin wat part of miami do u live in , because i also live here, maybe u can show me wat kind of mods you have done to your car
mark

N

·
0 Posts
Hey there.

Im from Sydney Australia and own an N15 Pulsar.. (similar to the sentra... GA16DE etc)
I have KYB AGX all round on my car and 2.5" progressive rate springs... im interested in the "Ground Control" kit that uses the KYB AGX's as i would like to be able to raise the car for long distance drives, and slam it when at shows etc...
Is the Ground Control kit the goods? There are no products like this in Australia really so any advice would be great.
Gav
(www.4thrlz.vze.com My Pulsar)

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
You have to realize what is happening with your suspension when it starts bouncing....When you lower these cars, it reduces suspension travel...this is what happens:

You drop it 2 inches, from its stock 3 1/2 inches of travel.
Then you are left with 1 1/2 of travel..well...the bumpstop takes up about an inch after cutting it, or using different aftermarket stops (ie: Koni, progress)so that leaves you with about a 1/2 inch of travel..then sit in it, and it drops another 1/4 inch (more if you a big boy like me!:)) So, you are left with 1/4 travel...

Add into the factor that now you have had "cheap" springs installed and they droop after a month...now you are riding ON the bumpstops...BOOING BOOING BOOING. This will happen with more exspensive spring combos as well..but at least they have higher spring rates to keep the car stiffer and not bottom onto the stops so hard. But it will still happen...AGX's, will only help this until it slams the valving at the bottom of the strut too many times, and it blows them out..then back to BOOING BOOOOING BOOOOING!

The ONLY way to get a GOOD ride with a slammed Nissan, is to do what Boosterwitch is telling you. Get the Motivational shortened struts..then you add almost 2-2 1/2 more inches of travel back into the suspension. Expensive..? yes..worth it...? yes...or just dont lower it that much....you decide:)

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
As harsh as it sounds, he's right. I'm seriously thinkin about changing out my KYB setup for those shortened struts. Cause I like to ride at least 2 inches lowered. Sometimes you gotta pay to play!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts