Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about converting my sentra to a 2 door. I'm not trying to make it a 200sx clone because any body can tell the difference by the tails but the other day i looked at my car with part of the rose bush in my yard covering the rear door handles and squinted my eyes and the car looked hot as hell. It shouldn't be so hard to do. all it seems i have to do is remove the door handles fill in the hole with bondo, sand to perfection, get my hinges welded shut (easy since i have a welding shop at my school) remove the part of the weather striping that sticks out (is it supposed to) put bondo in between the door and the rest of the body, sand that and get it all painted. the only hard part is what to do about the handle and door lock.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Well....I've seen a photoshop of something like that, and I must say it didn't look too good....I mean, getting rid of the door lines. Just shave the handles, that will do the trick. ;)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Uknow wut Ive seen and talked about this car with the owner on B15 b4 and I never really noticed it was a four door. Just taking a quick look at it---I just assumed it was a two door...

but anyway I think andre is right Just do sumthing like this--shaave door handles and new paint and u can get the look that u want without the hassle....

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well andre a photo shop pic isn't going to necissarly look like the real thing. i'm going to do this but ill probally have to get more than just the handles welded.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not to be mean or anything, but what the fuck does the front door have to do with it bieng a 2 door or four door. remember the sentra has a very short trunk, it even looks like a hatchback at certain P.O.V's and isn't very long. so it wont look like the back of the car is a too long for it to be a 2 door. to me the sentra is way to small to be a sedan because i'm only 5'9" and dont have much leg or headroom with the drivers seat reclined just a little(from rear passenger point of view) check out the pic of the white sentra posted. it looks good and people who don't really know or notice that the 4 door has the red or ugh, black panel and the 2 door has bigger tails they would think thats what it is supposed to be

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now i do see what makes it look funny its that theres to much space between the front door and the beginning of the fender but it still seems like a good idea to me

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Trust me man, just doing the handles is enough...I've seen a sentra with just that setup up close, and it looks good. Do the handles first, then decide on whether or not you want to weld the doors. ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i wasn't talking about doing it so that you can see were it was welded but just welding the hinges shut and putting bondo in between the door gaps and then sanding and painting it. i might just leave it the fuck alone since why follow the crowd and only mod out coupes

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Originally posted by superfro86 . i might just leave it the fuck alone since why follow the crowd and only mod out coupes [/B]
GOOD POINT^^^^^four doors can look good 2--we dont need to look like 2-doors

But I would luv to shave my door handles----the clean look

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I've thought about doing this for show purposes. There is a Jetta up here that has it done. It looks really good.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It also made me think about shaving all my door handles myself. it shouldn't be but so hard even though installing the door poppers might create some problems but ill search the internet for some tips

1 - 17 of 17 Posts