Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a Kenwood DDX7015 (double DIN deck). Will it fit perfectly in the factory HU opening? Will it require some major modifications? I'm having it professionally installed, and am trying to avoid the extra labor cost. Also, should I just get a single DIN sized DVD HU with a 7" motorized screen, to avoid all the hassle? Your expert advise is requested, thanks.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
I don't think it will be a direct fit, but with a little custom work and maybe a little cutting, that Kenwood unit would be persuaded into the dash neatly. I was in the same boat and have decided to do a single DIN TV/DVD combo with the motorized screen. A friend of mine who also has an 03 Altima has been looking at the same head unit and he may give it a try. If he does, I'll keep you posted w/ the results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My vehicle is leased, so any cutting/fabrication on the dash is out of the question. I guess I have to stick with an in-dash HU with a motorized screen. I might go for a Pioneer AVIC-N1. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts