Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smth Crmnl,not therapist
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here we go...

BTW, in case you were wondering I have a stick 96 SE-R which might have some timing advance(runs best on 91 octane) but I haven't checked yet

The first one was against my friend, who has an auto 95 taurus sho. Now if this thing was supposed to run 15.9 (some magazine on a 95 auto) and my car a 15.8 (give or take), it sure didn't look that way. I launched at 4k and must've put at least 3 car lengths on him by 80mph. Coincidentally, next day, his car broke down, so maybe it was not in the best of shape.

Now, #2 was against a new (straight out of dealership, or so it looked) RSX with an auto. The guy passed me on a curve leading to a straight street at 50, I nodded at him, and we went. Same circumstances with the launch, and he backed down after I put a couple of car lengths on him, realizing his defeat.

Those are my stories, thanx for listening

Next story will be against my friends 1990 auto Z with a CAI

N

·
0 Posts
vodkapwrsr20 said:
here we go...

. Same circumstances with the launch, and he backed down after I put a couple of car lengths on him, realizing his defeat.

this is prolly my favorite part

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Something was wrong with his car because I own a 93 SHO (auto) and I worry my friend in his 200sx with SR20DET though I can't beat him. But if I want to spank his buttocks, I just crank up the B12 and he knows what happens after that. Or better yet, maybe you just handled your car better than he handled his. Or maybe he just has a P>O<S SHO:p Anyways, good kill and just thinking about it, maybe nothing was wrong with his car because I raced a 94 SHO a few years ago with my CA18DE powered B12 sentra and I taxed that @ss.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i seen a lot of races and i've found that street races, and no I don't support it, but I've found that it's more about nerves then speed, because a lot of people on th road will slow down after about 10 to 20 over, and sometimes there are some crazy people out there that don't, so most of the time a winner seems to be determined by whoever is the craziest, ballsiest or umm dumbest, however you wanna look at it

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was just going to say if no one was going to bash him with the street racing crap then he was lucky. I came out with some racing stories once and they came down on me like it was a stampeed. Dont worry about those 2 cars, you should walk the RSX and the taurus I would worry about!

·
Smth Crmnl,not therapist
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I had mentioned before, the sho wasn't in the best of shape. Reading the sho forums, I had found out that the sho auto tranny is "A$$," to quote a member there. Ironic, as after my friend had fixed the problems in his car, his tranny blew on him. The car wasn't in the best shape as you guys could obviously see.

Also, I do believe that the 94+ sho's were a bit heavier. I remember that the tranny was beefed up, which would obviously lead to an increase in weight. Now I could be wrong, so correct me on this if you can.

Third and finally, I'm not a big fan of street racnig. Me against my friend was just for sport, we weren't gonna push our luck. With the rsx, I just had some time to kill before I got to work. Plus, he pulled up beside me and I just felt like having a little fun, as he seemed a bit cocky:cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Isnt that the best when they seem cocky or start running there mouth! I had some kid on the highway running his mouth in the passenger seat of a SS camaro with a pretty loud and bigger than stock exhaust. He said," you dont want to waste your time with this"! me: "LOL, I never met up with one of these before, what do you think". So we went and I got a car and a half on him from a 30mph roll. I dont like street racing because I dont have the gas to waste and safety is a big issue on the street! But as you said perfectly, I was on my way home from school and I just had time to waste getting home faster! Have a good one and good luck racing your buddys and whoever comes along at the track or drag strip! Later!

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I have 5 cars in which 3 are for recreation (2 b12's and the excel monster) the SHO is what my girlfriend drives around with my kids and the Elantra is what I drive to work in. I could care less for car payments so I use my talent of building cars to satisfy my everyday needs. I bought each and everyone of these for dirt cheap and everyone of them are exceptionally maintained and are fun to drive. Mechanics is my hobby not my full time occupation and the money I make from wrenching I spend on the sport. The money I make from work goes to my family and their well-being. I hope this makes sense to you younger guys and/or guys who have parental responsibilities. I love the sport, but I don't mix business with pleasure because in the end somebody will win and somebody will lose. Doing it this way I'm never broke.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts