Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolling start in first, he punched it first pulled a car on me then i punched it, made up the car, chirped second pulled 2 cars switched to 3rd and by the 7k in 3rd i was at least 6 cars on the kid, i felt bad for him but he was pushing 10+lbs and i was pushing only 7lbs....so you tell me..

Standing start- he was pushing 0.9bar boost and me with my trusty 7lbs on a t25.. Off the line i spun tires like crazy.. he pulled about 3 cars on me off the line.I switched to 2nd still about 2 cars away. Then i banged third and floored that mofo.... at about 5600rpm in 3rd i started pulling on him.. At reline in 3rd i had about 1/2-1 car lead switched to 4th and he couldn't catch me..
It looked as though he had the race from the bad launch i had but passed him top-end....

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Are you running your T25 off your stock SR20? Or did you swap in a Blue Bird, and it came with the T25?

It also sounds like that 240's got problems with th e motor. But good work anyways. A kill is a kill... especially when they are running more boost!

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Sr20 vs 240sx w/KA24DE(t)? If this is the case then that 240 should have served you a @ss-whoopin'......But if the kid can't drive or his car is raggedy, then you should've smoked him again and again. @ 0.9 psi, that KA should be doing somewhere close to 300+ horsepower and with its awesome low-end grunt, not only should it have taken you out of the whole, but should have kept you at bay as well. But a kill is a kill and I'm not doubting you at all because nowaday anything is possible. But knowing enough about the history of both engines, a good driver and a healthy KA will jump down on the little SR in the low mid speed ranges. In my CA18 powered B12, I wouldn't even race one from a dead start ( I would lose the take off) and would have to make up the grounds; hoping that the distance we're sprinting to is sufficient. Keep on spankin' 'em...............:p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah the 240 had a blacktop sr20 and i have a bluebird motor in mine.. The kids 240 has no problems what so ever...The 240 i did the rolling start with claimed he needed an LSD.. but im the one that needs the lsd not him cause he's rear wheelin it... Its 0.9 bar which is about 13psi boost...

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
My bad "Big Dog" I thought he had a KA since you didn't specify in your post. If he had the same motor you had, then there is no excuse (LSD or not). The 240 weigh a bit more than your car so he should have turned the boost down or learn how to launch. Now that you said he had an SR20, excellent kill:D for the FWD boys.......

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't forget there's a considerable weight difference between the 240SX and the SE-R. I believe it's somewhere in the 300-400 lb range. Also, RWD doesn't automatically guarantee a good launch... a LSD definitely helps in RWD cars. I can get all kinds of wheelspin in our stock BMW 328i if I turn traction control off... and it's just traction control, it's not an LSD. All traction control does is cut the throttle when it senses wheelspin, which makes you launch even worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts