Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who ran his 2002 Sentra hot and fried the head. I found a 2.5l from a 2010 Altima. Will the 2010 2.5l fit in 2002 easily or even at all?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a friend who ran his 2002 Sentra hot and fried the head. I found a 2.5l from a 2010 Altima. Will the 2010 2.5l fit in 2002 easily or even at all?
I'd also be curious to know the troubles involved with swapping in a newer QR25 (2007-2011). You'd be dropping nearly 2lbs per hp if the 200hp was placed into the 2700lb B15, no?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,254 Posts
The 2010 QR25DE should fit as long as the motor mounts are the same. Use the original existing wiring harness, sensors, ECU, intake/exhaust manifolds. Don't use any 2010 exterior accessories. I'm not sure if the 2010 engine uses any additional sensors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know an 06 will work. That is what I PUT IN MY 02 SENTRA SE-R. I am not sure about the later engines. May be able to use long block only but do more checking.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2.5 engine swap

the 06 engine came out of a Altima with an automatic and the only thing I did was swap my flywheel and use my exhaust because the engine had an automatic behind it and the exhaust mainfold assy is different on the Altima. Otherwise I used the intake assy and all the sensors from the Altima and had no problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
assuming your 04 regular Sentra has a different engine unless it is an SE-R too, you would have to get everything associated with a 2.5L in a Sentra because on your engine everything would be different. IF your car is an SE-R too then 03 to 04 engines are not a problem.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,254 Posts
is the nissan altima 2002 2.5L engine the same as the QR25? I am trying to install a turbo kit on an ALtima 2002 2.5L
The 2002 2.5 L is the QR25DE. Good choice on your turbo kit and good luck on installation.

Fuel management is the most important and also the most complex item with turbo charging. There are several ways to perform fuel management:

Management options are diverse. The cheapest option is the Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator which automatically adjusts the fuel pressure according to the boost pressure; this is the most affordable way to provide the proper amount of fuel to a turbocharged engine, but are not the best. Digital options are the next step up, which include SAFC-II, AFR, and E-Manage. These are not terribly expensive, and provide the best fuel management for the money. These units digitally manage fuel flow, and provide excellent variability for the money. The next option is a chipped ECU. Jim Wolf Technology is the most famous provider of this service, but these are quite expensive and not user-reprogrammable. The best option is, of couse, stand alone fuel management. Stand alone is a complete ECU replacement. Companies such as AEM sell their EMS units which provide exactly what the name promises, All Engine Management. Stand alone is quite expensive, but can support extremely high horsepower applications while providing the greatest level of tuning flexibility.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,029 Posts
If wikipedia is your source look up Nissan X trail to see the different generations and their different specs. But again why? Most modders want to go for more power. I am pretty sure wiring and the ecu would have to change, and then you have to hope engine mounts, exhaust and a bunch of other stuff is the right fit. But I would be very curious to learn what all is involved from your experience. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your comment, it's finding an engine for 2.5 lol. I'm having the engine rebuilt I need a engine rebuilding kit. With Pistons, rings and gasket. Any ideas where does them. Where r u located?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have trouble with my Nissan Murano 2005 model QR25 and i only got QR20 for X Trail..Can this swap work or must i get QR25?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nisaan was designed for those who demand unrestrained luxury alongside uncompromising performance, the cars delivers the ultimate motoring experience, for driver and passengers alike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts