Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy my son a car to get him through college. I am trying to decide between a 96 200sx se-r and a 95 altima gle. Both have about same mileage, 113k on se-r and 124k gle. Both are real clean but my main concern is the reliability of the motor and its major components (mainly timing chain and internal parts). Anyone have any info or recommends. on these two? Thanks.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
200sx SE-R. the sr20de is way more of a workhorse than the KA24de, and the nice thing is that though there are less 200sx's around than altima's, the 200sx and sentra share a helluva lot, and there are a crapload more sentras than altima's around (relevancy of this is cost of parts/labor/time for repair). it's also a smaller, more efficient engine, that will be harder to blow as it's meant for revving, where as the KA24 is a torque machine.

now, the altima will provide a 4door that is better for driving his friends along with him, but he'll enjoy the 200sx more. it's also a year newer, and has 11K less miles on it. 11k is sufficient.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, I think he likes the looks of the 200sx better anyway. Hope to get it tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts