Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm considering getting a 2+2 Z32 and possibly doing a TT engine swap? The reason I want a 2+2 is because I still want some extra seats to take people around in. Have any of you done this before and do you know what is the best place to get a good, clean VG30DETT from? Also do you know of anyone who help me do this swap in central Maryland? I need to keep this under $10k including the cost of the car, so I'm looking for car under $5k that is at least a 1994 (because of safety updates throughout the years) and that maybe has a bad engine but still has an excellent interior. Also where there any other major differences between the NA and TT, and would they require other parts to be changed out? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
10k is do-able but good luck finding one that has great interior and a beat motor...not the easiest to find, generally if the motor is beat the whole car is. And yes 2+2 swaps have been done, but not as often due to the extra weight. And the swap is pretty simple, no extra things need to be done, other than the motor, intercoolers, ecu, ect..

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you want a shop to do a proper swap, it would cost you quite a bit. Remember, if you are looking for a 5k blown engine Z, there is a high chance that other things are broken. If the shop has never done this before, prepare to see a long list additional items that will be needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts