Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there such thing as a SR20DE (T) being a 2.2 L?

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Only other one I ever heard of was Kojima..they were "supposed" to be working on one..but I dont know if it ever came to fruition. I'd be skeptical until he could prove it...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've seen an article on a guy that stroked it to 2.2, don't remember who did it though. I also read another article based on JWT's findings after ripping the QR25DE apart that with the 'stronger' parts of the SR20 swapped with the 'weaker' QR25 parts (rods, crank and one other thing that escapes me...I just woke up, heh) it would actually stroke the QR25 DOWN but would make it a 2.2 litre, capable of more torque and still be as ludicrously overbuilt as the SR20 with exception to the blocks wall thickness. They referred to it as the 'SQR22DE' :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts

i think toda Racing makes a stroker kit that makes the displacement 2.2L it is like $4900 dollars and in some magazine some guy had it on a 240SX I think.

S

·
0 Posts
it is possible to modify the stock crank and make it a stroker crank but i dont know how strong it will be. What the machine shop will do is weld additional metal around the rod journals and machine it back to round further away from the centerline off the crank. A stroker crank must use shorter rods also.

S

·
0 Posts
I know that TODA makes a stroker kit for SR's. I saw it in this months issue of Super Street (this is a good issue, packed with nissans, not hondas. I suggest you go pick it up). It was on a 240 but I think that it would also work with an FF application, being that it's all internals.

S

·
0 Posts
the problem with aftermarket stroker kits is that they are EXPENSIVE!!! i bought my NX for $2k and im not about to spend $4k on a stroker kit

·
Registered
125 Posts
What ever happened to that stroker kit Mike said he was working with JWT to make in one of the past SPortcompact issues? Or did they find out it was not worth doing?

S

·
0 Posts
im going but definately not competing because i work till 7. im going HRP tonite(8/14), if u wanna meet up there then cool.

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
the stroker kit from Jwt was supposed to be a modified ka24de crank they never finished end of story. if you were to ever be serious about purchasing a stroker kit look for a guy named Andres Miko out of Miami

O

1 - 14 of 14 Posts