Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So i could buy sway bars from a sport coupe and they will install right in.
How much would they cost and how would my car feel afterwards

· Registered
259 Posts
For cheap used parts the best place I have found is www.car-parts.com. How will it feel, negligible on a stock suspension. However, it is a piece of the puzzle.
Also, Charles and I were wrong, The Nissan Motorsports package contain 4 way adjuastable KYB struts. Also include Nissan Motorsports progressive wound springs with rates of 224/470 lb/in in the front and 210/604 lb/in the rear. This means they will give a little in harsh bumpy conditions, not killing the kidney and lower back, but will stay stiff in a turn and not allow body roll. Greg will be selling these for a unreal deal. Once these kits are gone Nissan motorsports will not be producing anymore. These kits retail for $350 per strut and $64 per spring. Price the Konis and a set of lowering springs and I'm sure you'll be spending as much if not more for an inferior suspension. I would not let this one time deal pass you up. Call Greg for the specifics!

John

· Still moderating..sorta
2,169 Posts
mustang 302: you should be able to find a sportcoupe at a local wrecking yard.

Nismodriver: so that's $414 PER WHEEL!!! :eek: ouch!!! So with the exchange rate that would cost me....um....$2350 dollars for the whole thing. I paid $2500 for MY CAR, that seems like a pretty crappy deal to me. :rolleyes: :mad:

BTW what kind of KYB shocks are they???

· Registered
259 Posts
What I'm trying to imply here is that Greg will be blowing out the complete suspension for around the price of one strut, he has limited numbers. There is nothing crappy about that. Second, they are custom made KYB's for Nissan motorsports, though I would dare to say they are comparable to the KYB AGX's if not better. They are 4 way adjustable and valved to match the spring rate of the springs. Truly a custom suspension. For the price you will find nothing else even remotely comparable. It's not my deal, so it's not my place to talk numbers on a public board. When someone gives you advice, next time take a chance and make a call, at most it costs you a few bucks for the call, not much lost.
John

· Moderator/ NPM staff
582 Posts
I think your wrong Hybrid DET. I think the b12 has trailing arms and the b13 has an axle.
The b13 has a trailing arm in the rear, the b12 does not. The trailing arm starts from underneath the rear brake and extends forward towards the doors to connect to a bracket underneath the car.

There is no axle in the rear of a b13 or b12. Maybe you are confusing that with a solid beam rear suspension of a b14.

Trust me, I tore one completly down to bare sheet metal and tossed it in the junk yard after I was done with the swap.

John can I get some help here?
:p

· Registered
294 Posts
You dont have to modify the intake to put a strut bar on. i bought my strut bar off of a 98 sentra about 2 years ago and it bolts right up without any modifications perfectly on top of the Ga16i engine. here is a pic of it the day i installed it http://www.jjvphotography.com/Sentra/strutbar.jpg

Now for the Handling listn to the guys that have the engine swaps those guys know what there talking about with these cars. I have KYB GR2's on my 89 sentra with the larger Sentra sway in the front and the sturt bar. I want to make a custom one for the back jsut havnt got around to it but other guys have done it b4 without to terrably much trouble. I have 16x7 aero speed rims with 205/40/R16 Kumho Z rated tires along with sprint low street performance springs 2" drop and the car does wonders around the turnes.

· Registered
259 Posts
Charles is CORRECT. These cars are FWD, no axles in the rear. Second the B12 uses a sway bar/trailing arm, which I cut and welded to a B13 trailing arm which was also cut, to convert my rears to discs. Not quite that easy some engineering is involved to maintain proper alignment specs. Either way, I am very familiar with the rear suspension characterisitcs of both cars. Now you guys play nice and just ask the questions, we'll do all the answer'in 'round these parts!;)

John

2,169 Posts
Dropped89 said:
You dont have to modify the intake to put a strut bar on. i bought my strut bar off of a 98 sentra about 2 years ago and it bolts right up without any modifications perfectly on top of the Ga16i engine. here is a pic of it the day i installed it http://www.jjvphotography.com/Sentra/strutbar.jpg
I don't think the STB would clear the air breather on the e16 engine.

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
HybridDEt set-up or NISMO?

Hey guys, new to the board. I am very interested on replacing my stock suspension with better performance parts. I will not probably use my car (Pulsar NX 89, identical to B12) for autocross or drag, just everyday driving, so Iam not looking something exotic set-up. I read HybridDet's Ground Control/KYB AGX install in SOLM and Iam very impress. I also read NismoDriver (John) advice on getting the Nismo suspension replacements and sounds very good. My question which one you guys think is the best bang for the buck? My plan is to get Eibach Prokit springs(cheaper than Ground Control) pair it with KYB AGX (recommended by Mike Kojima for street set-up). HybridDet, how much did you spend for your set-up? Do you guys think Prokit springs will easily be install with KYB AGX to my car? Any feedback about Prokit springs? Thanks for all the info.:)

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Does anybody know if the springs for B13 is identical or almost the same with the B12? I just went to Eibach and look for 89 Sentra and only Sportline spring is available for that year. It's the b13-14 where the Prokit is available. Also which generation of the Sentra I can buy to fit a strut bar?

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
NismoDriver(John) I tried the number for Mossy Nissan but to no avail. It says the call cannot be completed (I think the line is dead). Which Mossy Nissan is Greg located?

· Registered
259 Posts
Mossy in Oceanside. the number is 1-866-556-6779. Just called, no problems.
John

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
I spoke to Greg from Mossy Nissan and John (Nismodriver) is correct. Greg said that he is selling the suspension parts for around $400 USD. That is very good deal if I live in the US. Problem is with after shipping cost and duty and taxes, it will cost me more than $1000 Canadian Dollars(roughly $700 US dollar).
Anybody can give me some advice? Thanks for the replies.

· Moderator/ NPM staff
582 Posts
Re: HybridDEt set-up or NISMO?

I spent about 700 for the ground control/ kyb set up. If you are not going to be seriously competing in your car, then I would suggest going with a more forgiving, streetable set up.

I run the Eibach KYB setup on my 200 sx and for the money, pretty satisfied. I think that this would be ideal for your b12, but if you can get your hands on that Nismo kit do it by all means. It is a $2000 plus kit selling for $400. Even with duty and shipping, it is still a tremndous deal!

I have actually fit the SE-R stock spring into the a B12 strut before, but only in the front. I never tried the back. Another thing I didnt mention in my article was that the GC kit appeared to fit on the b12 struts also. Before anyone runs off and buys a GC kit for their b12, please take the time to measure strut body diameter and verify that it does indeed fit.

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Well I am gonna contact the Canada Custom and Revenue today and find out how much duty and taxes I need to pay for the parts. This not even including shipping cost which I Fedex told me it might cost me around $187 Can. Dollars. Thanks for all the help Hybrid DET and Nismodriver.

2,169 Posts
Mervic said:
Well I am gonna contact the Canada Custom and Revenue today and find out how much duty and taxes I need to pay for the parts. This not even including shipping cost which I Fedex told me it might cost me around $187 Can. Dollars. Thanks for all the help Hybrid DET and Nismodriver.
When you find out the prices I would like to know too.

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
RiceBox, according to Canadian Custom if the parts are made in North America, you do not have to pay for duty taxes. Just the PST and GST. Also whatever tax you have to pay from Mossy Nissan is extra, plus shipping.

· My Salsa...
955 Posts
hey mustang, you you wnat man i gota pair of used KN13 sway bars siting around, 100 + 20 for shipping, greg at mossey missan wanted over 500 bucks for a pair..these will help you achieve 1g...i got KYB struts upp front, crappy dropzone springs and huge ass sway bars off a KN13 and i think im close to 1g...i could be wrong though, how do you test?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.