Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Moderator/ NPM staff
582 Posts
Hello,
I just skimmed over the previous comments and am going to jump in this conversation here.

The B13 Se-R and the B12 have very simular suspension components. In the next month's Nissan performance magazine, I have written an article showing how to convert b13 ground controls and kyb struts to the b12. That is one option, however it does take some modification.

Another route is to go with the Koni/ Nismo Suspension offered in the Nissan Motorsports Catalog. I hear Greg at Mossy Nissan can get an awesome deal on this kit.

I am also currently working on finding a good set of bushings for the B12. Unfortunately, the nismo ones have pretty much been disontinued. So I will once again be looking at b13 performance parts to maybe substitute.

Asides that, a nice set of rims and sticky tires always helps alot.

Anyway, I got to go to class. I'm late.

· Moderator/ NPM staff
582 Posts
John,
Doesnt the motorsports suspension use Nismo Springs with Koni shocks? I thought it did.

I have never heard bad things about Koni shocks and based on the reputation I have percieved they are quite a bit better than the GR2.

But yes, anyone looking for a suspension upgrades definately needs to call Greg at mossy.

What kind of write ups will you be doing fo NPM charles
I'll be doing write ups on my b12 Sentra... basically a contiuation of what i have been doing on Sentra.net. I'll also dable a bit with side articles here and there.

How do you get the Nissan motorsports catalogue???
you can get the nissan motorsports cataloge at any Nissan dealer by ordering it. I think there is also an 800 number you can call too.

· Moderator/ NPM staff
582 Posts
I know the front suspension on the b12s is almost identical to the b13, but the rear is pretty different.
Actually, the only major difference from the B12 I have seen in the rear suspension of a b13 is the B13 has a trailing arm and the B12 does not. This is what keeps us from being able to bolt the rear disc brakes of an Se-R on. (although we are working on solutions) ;) The sway bars are of course also different. However, the rear control arms remain the same between both b13 and b12's sentras.

· Moderator/ NPM staff
582 Posts
I think your wrong Hybrid DET. I think the b12 has trailing arms and the b13 has an axle.
The b13 has a trailing arm in the rear, the b12 does not. The trailing arm starts from underneath the rear brake and extends forward towards the doors to connect to a bracket underneath the car.

There is no axle in the rear of a b13 or b12. Maybe you are confusing that with a solid beam rear suspension of a b14.

Trust me, I tore one completly down to bare sheet metal and tossed it in the junk yard after I was done with the swap.

John can I get some help here?
:p

· Moderator/ NPM staff
582 Posts
Re: HybridDEt set-up or NISMO?

I spent about 700 for the ground control/ kyb set up. If you are not going to be seriously competing in your car, then I would suggest going with a more forgiving, streetable set up.

I run the Eibach KYB setup on my 200 sx and for the money, pretty satisfied. I think that this would be ideal for your b12, but if you can get your hands on that Nismo kit do it by all means. It is a $2000 plus kit selling for $400. Even with duty and shipping, it is still a tremndous deal!

I have actually fit the SE-R stock spring into the a B12 strut before, but only in the front. I never tried the back. Another thing I didnt mention in my article was that the GC kit appeared to fit on the b12 struts also. Before anyone runs off and buys a GC kit for their b12, please take the time to measure strut body diameter and verify that it does indeed fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.