Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Howdy folks!
As was mentioned before Greg Vogel at Mossy Nissan has some smokin deals on B12 performance parts from Nissan Motorsports. He has regular Eibach springs, or the Nissan motosrports setups for awesome prices. He also has stuff like front air dams, radiators, big brake kits. Give him a call at 1-866-556-6779.

I have one of the Nissan motosports kits on order, but currently have the KYB GR2's with Intrax springs for the B12. Its a far cry better than stock, but leaves alot to be desired. The B13 struts will fit in the rear, the only difference is the top hat has to be changed. There are some other mods that have to be done, look out for Charles write up in Nissan Performance Magazine. I strongly recommend changing to at least the KYB GR2 struts when adding lowering springs. It was more bounce than I could handle. Almost dangerous. Please steer clear of going cheap and cutting coils, its a very bad idea. a front Strut tower bar can be used with the facotry airbos, you just have to move the charcoal canister down a bit. No big deal. At one time, I had custom SE-R sway bars on the car which made a big difference, but I switched to the SR20DE and converted to rear disc brakes (completely custom, ot especially easy) so the sway bars are no more. The Pulsar front stock sway bar is also bigger than the B12. SE-R disc brakes bolt right up, which is essentially what the Nissan Motorsports big brake setup is. Another questions feel free to ask. Take care and good luck. Also, a Roll cage from Autopower will stiffen the Chassis quite a bit. As noted before, proper wheel and tire combo's can be one of the best upgrade you can make. Good luck!
John
B12 Sentra w/ JDM SR20DE and boost among many other things..
New Orleans, LA

· Registered
259 Posts
Forget about the Koni's. Call Greg, you will be sorry if you don't. I don't know how good the Koni's are, but I have never seen them bad on any other platform. I'm the guy with the silver 4-door. What can I do for ya ;o)
John

· Registered
259 Posts
Charles,
As always you are correct. The Nismo does use Koni's. Thats why I told him to forget about getting them seperately. Plus, the Nismo deal is adjustable, and I'm not sure that those can't be bought from Koni independantly. I think Greg will work enough of a deal that it will be better and cheaper than buying the regular Konis and a set of lowering springs, just my $.02 though.

John

· Registered
259 Posts
For cheap used parts the best place I have found is www.car-parts.com. How will it feel, negligible on a stock suspension. However, it is a piece of the puzzle.
Also, Charles and I were wrong, The Nissan Motorsports package contain 4 way adjuastable KYB struts. Also include Nissan Motorsports progressive wound springs with rates of 224/470 lb/in in the front and 210/604 lb/in the rear. This means they will give a little in harsh bumpy conditions, not killing the kidney and lower back, but will stay stiff in a turn and not allow body roll. Greg will be selling these for a unreal deal. Once these kits are gone Nissan motorsports will not be producing anymore. These kits retail for $350 per strut and $64 per spring. Price the Konis and a set of lowering springs and I'm sure you'll be spending as much if not more for an inferior suspension. I would not let this one time deal pass you up. Call Greg for the specifics!

John

· Registered
259 Posts
What I'm trying to imply here is that Greg will be blowing out the complete suspension for around the price of one strut, he has limited numbers. There is nothing crappy about that. Second, they are custom made KYB's for Nissan motorsports, though I would dare to say they are comparable to the KYB AGX's if not better. They are 4 way adjustable and valved to match the spring rate of the springs. Truly a custom suspension. For the price you will find nothing else even remotely comparable. It's not my deal, so it's not my place to talk numbers on a public board. When someone gives you advice, next time take a chance and make a call, at most it costs you a few bucks for the call, not much lost.
John

· Registered
259 Posts
Charles is CORRECT. These cars are FWD, no axles in the rear. Second the B12 uses a sway bar/trailing arm, which I cut and welded to a B13 trailing arm which was also cut, to convert my rears to discs. Not quite that easy some engineering is involved to maintain proper alignment specs. Either way, I am very familiar with the rear suspension characterisitcs of both cars. Now you guys play nice and just ask the questions, we'll do all the answer'in 'round these parts!;)

John

· Registered
259 Posts
Mossy in Oceanside. the number is 1-866-556-6779. Just called, no problems.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.