Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Still moderating..sorta
2,169 Posts
Well lets see. If you mod your intake you can put in a B13 STB. Eibach Pro-kits are good, with a set of Tociko shocks. 15" rims with 195/55/15 tires is the best trade-off between good handling and weight. The swaybars in the B12 sportcoupe were larger/stiffer and they swap right in. Upgrading your bushings to polyurethane wouldn't hurt either. I doubt a b12 will ever get 1g of cornering but you can try :D

2,169 Posts
The intakes on the E-series and on the GA16i engines are too high. If you replace them with something else there should be enough room for the STB. It has been done. Sorry I meant Koni shocks not Tociko. Yep that's the sport coupe. The Pulsar may have the same swaybars but I'm not sure.

2,169 Posts
They are the yellow "sport" shocks. They are adjustable, but they are just inserts. I think this is how it works. You put the Koni parts INTO your old shocks. I could be wrong though. Koni says: "Special McPherson insert, for sealed struts, bolted to the bottom after cutting the housing and removal of original inner parts. To be used in original struts only" You can get them at www.nismoparts.com

2,169 Posts
I have no idea what the shocks for the Neon are like but I made a mistake. The shocks for the B12 are NOT adjustable. Sorry.

2,169 Posts
I know the front suspension on the b12s is almost identical to the b13, but the rear is pretty different. How do you get the Nissan motorsports catalogue???

2,169 Posts
The b12's USE the sway bar as a trailing arm. The b13's have a REAL trailing arm

2,169 Posts
mustang 302: you should be able to find a sportcoupe at a local wrecking yard.

Nismodriver: so that's $414 PER WHEEL!!! :eek: ouch!!! So with the exchange rate that would cost me....um....$2350 dollars for the whole thing. I paid $2500 for MY CAR, that seems like a pretty crappy deal to me. :rolleyes: :mad:

BTW what kind of KYB shocks are they???

2,169 Posts
Dropped89 said:
You dont have to modify the intake to put a strut bar on. i bought my strut bar off of a 98 sentra about 2 years ago and it bolts right up without any modifications perfectly on top of the Ga16i engine. here is a pic of it the day i installed it http://www.jjvphotography.com/Sentra/strutbar.jpg
I don't think the STB would clear the air breather on the e16 engine.

2,169 Posts
Mervic said:
Well I am gonna contact the Canada Custom and Revenue today and find out how much duty and taxes I need to pay for the parts. This not even including shipping cost which I Fedex told me it might cost me around $187 Can. Dollars. Thanks for all the help Hybrid DET and Nismodriver.
When you find out the prices I would like to know too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.