Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Well lets see. If you mod your intake you can put in a B13 STB. Eibach Pro-kits are good, with a set of Tociko shocks. 15" rims with 195/55/15 tires is the best trade-off between good handling and weight. The swaybars in the B12 sportcoupe were larger/stiffer and they swap right in. Upgrading your bushings to polyurethane wouldn't hurt either. I doubt a b12 will ever get 1g of cornering but you can try :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by moding my intake. Like installing another one.
Are you sure Tociko makes shocks for our cars i only know of kyb
And the sport coupe is the sentra that has two doors and is a hatchback.

Ricebox there is a way we could get close to 1g we install motivational engineering coilovers but their going to be expensive since we live in Canada

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
The intakes on the E-series and on the GA16i engines are too high. If you replace them with something else there should be enough room for the STB. It has been done. Sorry I meant Koni shocks not Tociko. Yep that's the sport coupe. The Pulsar may have the same swaybars but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ricebox i'm looking at the koni website and it says for the b12 except 4wd front 86-2389 Sport +5
rear 86-2390 Sport +5

What do they mean by +5 and do you know what kind of koni are they yellow blue adjustable

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
They are the yellow "sport" shocks. They are adjustable, but they are just inserts. I think this is how it works. You put the Koni parts INTO your old shocks. I could be wrong though. Koni says: "Special McPherson insert, for sealed struts, bolted to the bottom after cutting the housing and removal of original inner parts. To be used in original struts only" You can get them at www.nismoparts.com

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I have no idea what the shocks for the Neon are like but I made a mistake. The shocks for the B12 are NOT adjustable. Sorry.

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
Hello,
I just skimmed over the previous comments and am going to jump in this conversation here.

The B13 Se-R and the B12 have very simular suspension components. In the next month's Nissan performance magazine, I have written an article showing how to convert b13 ground controls and kyb struts to the b12. That is one option, however it does take some modification.

Another route is to go with the Koni/ Nismo Suspension offered in the Nissan Motorsports Catalog. I hear Greg at Mossy Nissan can get an awesome deal on this kit.

I am also currently working on finding a good set of bushings for the B12. Unfortunately, the nismo ones have pretty much been disontinued. So I will once again be looking at b13 performance parts to maybe substitute.

Asides that, a nice set of rims and sticky tires always helps alot.

Anyway, I got to go to class. I'm late.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I know the front suspension on the b12s is almost identical to the b13, but the rear is pretty different. How do you get the Nissan motorsports catalogue???

·
Registered
258 Posts
Howdy folks!
As was mentioned before Greg Vogel at Mossy Nissan has some smokin deals on B12 performance parts from Nissan Motorsports. He has regular Eibach springs, or the Nissan motosrports setups for awesome prices. He also has stuff like front air dams, radiators, big brake kits. Give him a call at 1-866-556-6779.

I have one of the Nissan motosports kits on order, but currently have the KYB GR2's with Intrax springs for the B12. Its a far cry better than stock, but leaves alot to be desired. The B13 struts will fit in the rear, the only difference is the top hat has to be changed. There are some other mods that have to be done, look out for Charles write up in Nissan Performance Magazine. I strongly recommend changing to at least the KYB GR2 struts when adding lowering springs. It was more bounce than I could handle. Almost dangerous. Please steer clear of going cheap and cutting coils, its a very bad idea. a front Strut tower bar can be used with the facotry airbos, you just have to move the charcoal canister down a bit. No big deal. At one time, I had custom SE-R sway bars on the car which made a big difference, but I switched to the SR20DE and converted to rear disc brakes (completely custom, ot especially easy) so the sway bars are no more. The Pulsar front stock sway bar is also bigger than the B12. SE-R disc brakes bolt right up, which is essentially what the Nissan Motorsports big brake setup is. Another questions feel free to ask. Take care and good luck. Also, a Roll cage from Autopower will stiffen the Chassis quite a bit. As noted before, proper wheel and tire combo's can be one of the best upgrade you can make. Good luck!
John
B12 Sentra w/ JDM SR20DE and boost among many other things..
New Orleans, LA

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about the koni shocks are they any good
I got quoted for the GR2 88 dollars CANADIEN is that a good price compared to americain.
WHAt has happened to the guy with the silver 4 door b12 with a sr20de in it

What kind of write ups will you be doing fo NPM charles

·
Registered
258 Posts
Forget about the Koni's. Call Greg, you will be sorry if you don't. I don't know how good the Koni's are, but I have never seen them bad on any other platform. I'm the guy with the silver 4-door. What can I do for ya ;o)
John

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
John,
Doesnt the motorsports suspension use Nismo Springs with Koni shocks? I thought it did.

I have never heard bad things about Koni shocks and based on the reputation I have percieved they are quite a bit better than the GR2.

But yes, anyone looking for a suspension upgrades definately needs to call Greg at mossy.

What kind of write ups will you be doing fo NPM charles
I'll be doing write ups on my b12 Sentra... basically a contiuation of what i have been doing on Sentra.net. I'll also dable a bit with side articles here and there.

How do you get the Nissan motorsports catalogue???
you can get the nissan motorsports cataloge at any Nissan dealer by ordering it. I think there is also an 800 number you can call too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Charles,
As always you are correct. The Nismo does use Koni's. Thats why I told him to forget about getting them seperately. Plus, the Nismo deal is adjustable, and I'm not sure that those can't be bought from Koni independantly. I think Greg will work enough of a deal that it will be better and cheaper than buying the regular Konis and a set of lowering springs, just my $.02 though.

John

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
I know the front suspension on the b12s is almost identical to the b13, but the rear is pretty different.
Actually, the only major difference from the B12 I have seen in the rear suspension of a b13 is the B13 has a trailing arm and the B12 does not. This is what keeps us from being able to bolt the rear disc brakes of an Se-R on. (although we are working on solutions) ;) The sway bars are of course also different. However, the rear control arms remain the same between both b13 and b12's sentras.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think your wrong Hybrid DET. I think the b12 has trailing arms and the b13 has an axle.

Here's the email i received from Koni talking about their shocks for the sentra

The S stands for Sport which describes the type of valving these inserts have.
These are going to be yellow in color but we do not make a blue street shock
(but we do use blue for some of our Rail shocks). The valving of these is
designed to give you the best possible handling while still maintaining a
streetable ride. These are also adjustable for rebound damping to match a
variety of spring rates as well. If you have any other questions, please let me
know. Thanks.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
The b12's USE the sway bar as a trailing arm. The b13's have a REAL trailing arm

1 - 20 of 46 Posts