Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I am new to modding and to this forum and have just purchased a 1999 1.6l Nissan pulsar(almera over here in Finland) for a project car. What I want to do is change the air filter to a cai or sri not for horsepower but more for the sound but compared to my other car (kia spectra) it looks like a mission as there is this pipe going into the stock air filter box which I do not know what it is for. I have posted some photos for anyone to take a look and make a suggestion on how to fit the cai(just basic instructions thx). Any help would be very much appreciated.:)

yes I know its dirty!! was not me was the previous guy
oh and mods if this is wrong section pls move thankyou.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,241 Posts
OK, Its different completely to the USA GA16 intake tube and filter box.
you also have an Al valve cover ?
Please give the full engine and chassis code, N15?
whats under that Air filter Box to connect to?
maybe our N15 owning members can help

As for the tube you hi-lighted, that looks to me like a clean air feed to a sensor or valve, and should be re-connected after the filter before the MAF

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Watch out for an Air temp sensor, it has to be removed form the old Air box or intake tube and re-plugged in.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to modding and to this forum and have just purchased a 1999 1.6l Nissan pulsar(almera over here in Finland) for a project car. What I want to do is change the air filter to a cai or sri not for horsepower but more for the sound but compared to my other car (kia spectra) it looks like a mission as there is this pipe going into the stock air filter box which I do not know what it is for. I have posted some photos for anyone to take a look and make a suggestion on how to fit the cai(just basic instructions thx). Any help would be very much appreciated.:)

yes I know its dirty!! was not me was the previous guy
oh and mods if this is wrong section pls move thankyou.
More for sound? Sorry to say, you need exhaust for that. CAI are for looks only.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks or the replys guy's.

when I take off the cover of the filter box and see where that tube goes it just seems to end and not go anywhere when i look into the tube where it attaches thee is just a dead end with a kind of silver thing there but I guess what you are saying is right and that is is a sensor that needs to be reattached. With regards to whats under the filter box I need to clarify by removing it properly later but from what I can gather there is a metal pipe that comes directly straight up on the left side of the filter box. So basically what im saying is that the filter box sits directly on top of this tube where the air passes down into the engine after coming through the stock filter. I will post more pics later and get the engine and chassis code i assumed that it was a B14 pulsar as it was the only year 99 i could find in the pulsar/sentra forum section. get back to you later on and thanks for the info so far.:) oh and maroonsentra the exhaust comes a little later.

btw here is an identical car in this video so it is definatly n15 at 1:10 you can see what is under the filter and how he has attached the new mushroom style filter although it still is not really clear.

YouTube - Nissan N15 Almera Project

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
actually you can see the VIN in one of the pics, and its an N15 for sure !!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts