Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding on a "FULL" tank for three days now. :confused:Looks good, but we all know better than that. It's stuck at Full.

1998 Pathfinder- Where is the fuel snding unit located? I looked in the rear under the mat and there is no door leading to the fuel tank. The Nissan dealer only wants $200 for the job(labor and parts) , but I want to know where the FSU is. If I can find it and move it around or un block it to resolve the issue... I will thx

I was told to take the truck out and 4-wheeling and it seemed to have knocked the sending unit loose and it appears to be working again, but now I notice that the fuel neddle doesn't go down after I shut the truck off (is it supposed too) ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal, thanks for the info. Funny thing! I took like truck 4-wheeling and it seemed to have knocked the fuel sending unit/float unit around enough to jar it free. I'm on my third tank since my original post and all seems to be well. I also located the fuel sending unit under the rear seat cushion. It has approx 6 bolts around a small plate about the size of small eating plate. From what I understand.. this parts comes out easy and it also has the fuel pump attached along with the float device.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts