Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after loosing control on some black ice at about 15 mph, my 98 pathfinder collided with the curb. The front right wheel hit first and took the brunt of it, now when i drive straight i have to compensate with the steering wheel to the left. It doesnt pull too much when i loosen my grip on the wheel, so im curious if anyone thinks this might sound like a little more than a quick fix with an alignement .... im hoping thats all it is, ive got some pretty large tires on there so im hoping it may have protected me from issues with a caliper or worse, an axel?

Comments are greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
how do you lose control at 15 mph? i havew only driven in snow once so i dont know how easy it is to loose control or anything but it dosent sounds hard going that slow

·
Registered
184 Posts
Pretty easy to lose traction on any kind of ice, any speed.

Last month we had some freezing rain. I turned into a gas station parking lot and, since they hadn't sanded the parking lot, spun around in a 720. This was going 30km/h, just over 15mph. Nokian Hakkas (not studded) and 4x4 are better than what most drivers in Canada have, but still no match for sheer ice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, ice is no joke, when i had this accident we were getting some freezing rain.. i was literally driving in a straight line and then as i tried to turn my wheel to follow the road my pathfinder kept going straight instead of the slight turn which landed me smack on the curb .. black ice is tricky stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts