Nissan Forum banner

1998 Nissan 200SX SE Remote Start/Entry Remote Replacement

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SilencedAssault 
#1 ·
Hi all! This is my first time here, but I figured with all the good information I might be able to find what I need, here goes:

I have a 1998 Nissan 200SX SE (obviously) and I bought the car 3 1/2 years ago. About 1 year ago I lost the remote in Texas along with a whole set of keys. Recently, with winter coming up I was wanting to get another remote for my Remote Start/Keyless Entry... and the only remote replacements are only keyless that I've found in the forums. I've gone to nissan and the guy had it installed through somewhere else because it didn't come up in the system with the VIN #. I looked under the dash and pulled the recieved (there is a Valet switch installed under there) and there is no name/brand on it. I pulled the electrical tape off slowly revealing there was the S/N, Brand or whatever it was just peeled off with the tape, it was all gooey and discusting, black as can be. I bought some goo gone to see if I could reveal at least part of it and all I got was "Warranty will be expired" and at the end was a "-01," (Assuming that is the end of the SKU or something). I haven't been able to find a remote that looked like the one I had before, all the remotes I see are all only Keyless entry, but mine is Keyless entry/remote start. I have the reciever sitting on my desk. The antenna, however reads FCC ID:ELVAR8B, I don't know if that helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking into getting a universal remote and trying that out, but I don't know if $50+ is worth taking a chance.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.