Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently upgraded my front disc to brembo disc. I took my car into my mechanic today and was told that the supplier might have mistake my car for a Sentra and previous installed 1998 Sentra Disc and pads onto my car. He was telling me that the disc looked too small and that the gap between the disc to the caliper is excessive. The car drives and brake fine. My question is, does 1998 200SX SE share the same parts # on brakes and disc with the 1998 Sentra?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,282 Posts
Yes, kind off.
there were different brakes for different years and Trim. these were shared with the sentra.
So
9.1 inch dia, 1.6 through end 1997
9.6 inch all 98 and 99 and SE-R all years
10.1 x 26 mm upgrade from the 2000nx
If the AD22VF upgrade is done and the 9.6 inch rotor fitted there is a large gap to the caliper.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IanH, I appreciate the info provided from your post.

So should I be using 9.6 diameter disc? Does the .5 make that much of a difference? Should I be asking for SE-R pads and disc for my 98 SE next time I go? I think his part database do not show 98 SE using 9.6 diameter rotors. With some much confusion on parts shared and year differences I could see how a supplier can give me the wrong parts.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,282 Posts
Well the only answer is that yes you should be using the correct rotors pads etc.
note that the 1.6 changed in 98 to use the same as the Sentra SE with the 2.0 and the 200SX SER
I have a 97 that had the tiny 9.1 brakes before the upgrade.
I would get the dimensions of the rotor already there and look at the wear pattern to make sure its correct.
Also look to see if you have the AD22VF calipers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts