Nissan Forum banner

1998 200sx hazards not working

Tags
hazards
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  smj999smj 
#1 ·
I have a 1998 Nissan 200sx and the hazards are not working. I’ve picked up multiple replacement hazard buttons and none work. The turn signals work and I also replaced the electronic flasher. I’m stumped, what could be the problem?

#2 ·
NICO Club's site has free, online, Nissan factory service manuals on their site. You'll have to use the Sentra manuals for your 200SX, as the only 200SX listing if for the older, 1986 model. I chose the 1998 Sentra GA service manual, since I didn't know what engine you had, but that shouldn't matter. If you go to the Electrical section, page EL-66, you will find a symptom chart. Under the symptom of "Hazard lights don't operate but turn signals operate," they list possible causes as the 10A fuse, Hazard switch or an open in the hazard switch circuit.
It states to check 10A fuse # 20 in the fuse box and make sure power is going across it. Then, verify power at terminal # 3 of the hazard switch. Next, check hazard switch. Next, check LG/B (light green/black) wire between combination flasher unit and hazard switch for open circuit.
There is also wiring diagrams and circuit descriptions in that same section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.