Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of Trying to find the problem im at a loss. Cars been sitting for 10 years
The car stopped working out of nowhere.
Everything's replaced distributor ecu fuel pump and maf all new brand new battery also. The fuel injectors are not clicking please help last resort will be the nissan shop.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,146 Posts
After years of Trying to find the problem im at a loss. Cars been sitting for 10 years
The car stopped working out of nowhere.
Everything's replaced distributor ecu fuel pump and maf all new brand new battery also. The fuel injectors are not clicking please help last resort will be the nissan shop.
Inspect the main engine ground connectors for tightness and clean off any oxidation. Make sure you're getting 12V to each injector through the power feed wire (black/red striped wire). The camshaft position sensor that's inside the distributor may be bad or it's harness connector may not be secure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i pulled cylinder 1 injector connector broke it in the procces yay.. its reading voltage so im thinking its the fuel pressure regulator is bad so thats my next purchase and a new connector. What are your thoughts ill try to get ahold of a fuel pressure tester too.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,146 Posts
Ok i pulled cylinder 1 injector connector broke it in the procces yay.. its reading voltage so im thinking its the fuel pressure regulator is bad so thats my next purchase and a new connector. What are your thoughts ill try to get ahold of a fuel pressure tester too.
An easy way to test the fuel delivery is to remove the MAF from the throttle valve body. Now spray starting fluid into the throttle body while trying to start the engine. If it starts up for a few seconds and then dies, then you'll have to look further into the fuel injection system.

Tee-in a temporary fuel pressure gauge between the fuel filter outlet and the fuel rail. Turn the ignition key to the run position but DO NOT TRY TO START THE ENGINE; wait 10 seconds, then turn the ignition key to OFF. The fuel pressure reading should be around 43 psi which would be a static reading. If the reading is very low or zero, the fuel pump may have failed or the fuel pressure regulator is defective.

The fuel injectors may not be firing. This can be tested with a "noid" light probe for each injector harness connector; the probe kit can be purchased at most auto parts stores or online at Amazon.com. If one or more injectors are not firing, the problem could be bad timing sensors or a bad ECU.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,869 Posts
Just throwing this in: make sure the engine compression is good. These engines had a tendency to start rich and flood at times, sometimes because of a dirty/faulty IACV-AAC valve or improper base idle setting. When they flooded, they would wash the walls with extended cranking and the compression would drop. Test the engine compression with the throttle plate wedged open and the fuel pump fuse removed. If it's low, add a little oil to the cylinders and make sure the spark plugs are clean. If the compression is too low, it'll never start no matter what else you do! Jumping the battery to make the engine spin as fast as possible when starting is also a good idea. I have encountered starter motors that cranked the engine too slow on these engines that caused flooding at startup. Many auto parts stores have loaner fuel pressure testers; I would confirm the fuel pressure before replacing the regulator. Also, check the vacuum hose to the regulator for signs of gas, which would mean the diaphragm in the regulator has failed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Hi guys. So. I still dont have it running yet..... got a fuel pressure gauge on it. I have 41 psi cranking. 43 psi when key is in the on position. No change in psi when vacume hose is disconnected from fpr.
Pinching the return hose the psi will go all the way to 100 + from completely pinching off the hose.

Tested injector harness it is reciving a injection voltage

So i bought some used injectors on ebay and
Swaped cylinder 1 injector with a used one fires a little here and there stumbles around thats as far as i got. I will swap the other injectors tomarrow and see if i get anyware.
Any thoughts on this yet. The old used injectors proly are mostly shot too but h
ey 18$

wasnt bad.

Let me know what ya think. Its been a long time comming.
Could there be any other part causing the lack of fuel to the engine like the throttle position sensor or somthing be the cuprit here? Thanks in advance

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,869 Posts
As far as as the fuel pressure, static pressure looks good. You won't be able to test the running pressure until, obviously, you get the engine running. You have voltage to the injectors according to your tests, but, you don't know if the injectors are firing. You can usually get a noid light kit from your auto parts store's loaner program, or, you can purchase a noid light for Bosch style fuel injectors. Unplug the injector in plug the noid light into the injector harness. Try to start the engine and it will flash if the circuit is good between the harness and ECM...AND...if the ECM driver is pulsing the circuit to ground, which causes the injector to "fire." If it's not firing the injector, you'll have to check the ECM grounds and the circuits between the ECM and the injectors. If those are good, it is possible that the ECM is bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LAST UPDATE: I got it running after years.
Replaced injectors 1 2 and 4 tried to start after each one Replaced. And after cylinder 4 injector. They all started firing and she came to life after 10 years. Woot thanks for the input guys. Sleep well Hope this thread helps people in the future. PEACE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts