Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a nicely maintained XE 4x4 (about 100k miles) and have really been enjoying it. I've put a couple thousand miles on it and the only problem I have had with it is the very difficult shift from 4W 'high' to 'neutral' and 'low.' I've driven it a lot in 4W high and never have problems but it is very hard to shift into low and back.

To shift, I come to a complete stop, depress the clutch and put the transmission in neutral before trying to shift. I have to bump the transfer case lever pretty hard to get it in and out of low. It was a one-owner truck and it wouldn't surprise me if it hasn't been driven in 4WL much.

I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions for me as I do depend on 4WL from time to time. Thanks.

J. D.

·
Registered
120 Posts
some of them you have to push down on the 4wd shifter when you get it into neutral. Is yours right in the middle of floor next to shifter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some of them you have to push down on the 4wd shifter when you get it into neutral. Is yours right in the middle of floor next to shifter?
Good grief--it works perfectly when you push it down! That's information they should have put on the shifting instructions (I double-checked--it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the back side of my visor).

Thanks so much!

J. D.

·
Registered
178 Posts
LOL, I had the same prob when I got my truck. I used the 4wh and wondered why it wouldnt go into 4wl. I actually thought it was broken or somethin till one day i was just sittin in the truck listen to some tunes and was messin with it and just happend to push down on it in neutral. kind of a shock when I first discovered it, but I was happy and relieved none the less.:balls:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts