Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay about 3 years ago my tranny went out i got it replaced with a used one. i do not know how many miles it had on it. i think it was like 400 bucks. i got it done in texas and had it trailered to mississippi. upon arrival i noticed tranny fluid all over the trailer. tranny was emtpy so i filled it and had to put in a quart every 2 weeks since. so about 3 weeks ago when i would start it up there was a very load rattle noise. i thought it was my exhaust vibrating againts the underbody. it wasnt. so it would rattle when started and then go away when accerating. the noise would return when braking unless put in neutral. its an auto tranny. well i found out that it was a front main seal leak i had. so a week ago my car was loosing fluid excessively. and began to slip out of gear. i went to replace the fluid and it was leaking as fast as it went in. so i decided to just park it when driving it to park the rattle became really load then nothing. whent quite. no gears. i know its gone now but i would like to know what actually happend without paying someone to do it.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
are you referring to the torque converter seal? or the engine front seal behind the crank pulley? did you flush the replacement transmission before installation? are there any cracks in the transmission case? do you still have good engine/transmission mounts?
it's difficult to tell what's actually wrong. maybe some pictures might help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts