Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My problem goes like this, I have replaced my battery,starter and clutch inhibiter relay, all brand new. I still cannot start my truck, when I turn the key I don't get anything. It takes 10-15 turns of the key before it will start. If I jumpstart the truck it will start right up. Also the battery will not stay charged and my speedometer and RPM and Temp gauges work sometimes for some reason and sometimes they don't. Can you help me please? Does any on have any other ideas to get this thing going

·
Registered
231 Posts
Find out why your battery won't work. Be sure your alternator is putting out approx. 14 volts.

If alternator is OK then something is drawing power while the key is off. You can start by pulling 1 fuse at a time checking for power draw. That will tell you what circuit is drawing power and you could go from there.

The starter issue..... Check the wiring to be sure it's all tight. Charge the battery if you can before you turn the key. If still an issue, could be the starter gear not aligned with the flywheel correctly. Be sure the teeth aren't rounded off, it should make some awful noise.

The instrument panel.... Not sure but I would check the wiring harness connections. Clean them a bit, be sure they're tight and no burnt spots on the connectors. If that doesn't work, then I don't know about the instrument panel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now my turn signals do not work on the inside or outside. Does anyone think a fusible link could do all that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know where they are located. I changed the Fusible links last night and it started right up and worked fine, all dashboard lights gauges and blinkers on the inside and outside worked fine. Even my Headlights were bright again. I turned it off and when I tried to start it again, it would not start, and I ended up draining the battery trying to restart. Any ideas?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Components in the ignition system will do that sometimes. It's OK on a cold start, but after it warms up (say 10 minutes or so) it will die and won't start again for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts