Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get a 1997 Hardbody cold kit for under $100.00?I would consider fabricating one if possible?
My fuel mileage stinks and I think letting the engine breathe may help me. any suggestions?thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
There's really nothing you can do about it, since the factory intake duct is essentially a cold air intake in design. Making an aftermarket one wouldn't hardly make a difference, I think.

I'm assuming it's the 4-cylinder, and if you're getting 22-23 mpg around town, that's as efficient as it gets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yontrop said:
There's really nothing you can do about it, since the factory intake duct is essentially a cold air intake in design. Making an aftermarket one wouldn't hardly make a difference, I think.

I'm assuming it's the 4-cylinder, and if you're getting 22-23 mpg around town, that's as efficient as it gets.
Thanks for info,I do have 4-cylinder, But I'm only getting 19 miles per gallon.
I'll have to fiqure something out with this gas gussler.Maybe its because I have a crew cab ??

·
Registered
300 Posts
tppcamaroz said:
Thanks for info,I do have 4-cylinder, But I'm only getting 19 miles per gallon.
I'll have to fiqure something out with this gas gussler.Maybe its because I have a crew cab ??
I don't think the crew cab would kill your mileage that much. Is it a 4x2 or 4x4?

If it's a 4x4, then that's pretty much all you're gonna get out of it.

When was the last time you've had maintenance items done to the truck: fuel filter, air filter, tune-up, induction cleaning, stuff like that? Those all play a role in gas mileage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yontrop said:
I don't think the crew cab would kill your mileage that much. Is it a 4x2 or 4x4?

If it's a 4x4, then that's pretty much all you're gonna get out of it.

When was the last time you've had maintenance items done to the truck: fuel filter, air filter, tune-up, induction cleaning, stuff like that? Those all play a role in gas mileage.
Its 4x2 ,I changed the air filter,Plugs and wires last monthk and I changed the fuel filter and PCV this weeked,So I'll have to check my miles per gallon this week.Hopefully I get better results.Thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
tppcamaroz said:
Its 4x2 ,I changed the air filter,Plugs and wires last monthk and I changed the fuel filter and PCV this weeked,So I'll have to check my miles per gallon this week.Hopefully I get better results.Thanks
How's the O2 sensor(s)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jerryp58 said:
How's the O2 sensor(s)?
I think its the original O2,I probably should replace it,Is there a way to check if its bad? My truck has roughly 50,000 original miles.thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
tppcamaroz said:
Does anybody know where I can get a 1997 Hardbody cold kit for under $100.00?I would consider fabricating one if possible?
My fuel mileage stinks and I think letting the engine breathe may help me. any suggestions?thanks
Check your vacuum lines. Low MPG is a symptom of vacuum leaks. However, there a re a lot of things that cancreate bad MPG, but vacuum hoses are the cheapest culprit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts