Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the post i found while searching was in the wrong section, so i figured to make one here. After reading these forums a bit, i find it pretty funny every 3rd thread is something about idle.

Check the thread with that guys problems, and i added my post to the bottom

http://www.nissanforums.com/truck-suv/111621-1997-pickup-idling-problem.html

Ok sorry for bumping such an old post, but i have this same exact problem.

Truck will run fine for a while, then it will sometimes randomly die when you clutch in. During this time if you save it, it will run horrible. After it dies, you can restart it, and its back to running fine.

I took the truck to a buddie of mines shop where he put a "reader" on it, basicly what the truck is doing when its throwing its fit is.

Taking all timing out
cutting fuel by 25%
Goes into open loop
No check engine light

Truck shuts off, and then restarts fine. Almost seems like a limp mode.

any ideas? Wish the guy would have updated to see if that IAC was his problem.

Any help is appreciated

BTW truck is the same... 97 2.4l 5 speed

New plugs
Wires
Cap + Rotor
o2
fuel filter
cleaned MAF

·
Registered
706 Posts
Check your ground and clean all of them there maybe an corroded ground connection on your engine somewhere! Also look at your water temp sensor!

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,301 Posts
Check your base idle setting and adjust as necessary. If that doesn't work, you may have an AAC valve that is faulty, something that happens occassionally on the 96 & 97 4 cyl. models. The IACV/AACV maintains the target idle. If it is going bad or faulty, stalling will occur.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Check your base idle setting and adjust as necessary. If that doesn't work, you may have an AAC valve that is faulty, something that happens occassionally on the 96 & 97 4 cyl. models. The IACV/AACV maintains the target idle. If it is going bad or faulty, stalling will occur.
Wasn't aware those had that on them but that component controls the idle 100% you can remove it and try to clean it or just replace it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts