Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and I found it while trying to research online for guidance on a problem with my 1996 Pathfinder. I am hopeful that someone here might be able and willing to help me out.

The Pathfinder was funning fine until one day, on the way home for lunch, it chugged/cut-out a little when accelerating up hills. After lunch, it started fine and I was driving back to work when it started cutting-out and then died right there in the road, and it would not start. It tries to crank, but will not start, just crank, crank, crank. Again, it ran fine-no problems-until that one day.

I towed it back to the house and put a new fuel pump in it- no help. I put a new distributor cap & rotor on it, but no help there either. I had a mechanic friend look at it, and we couldn't figure out the issue. I have replaced the starter/solenoid before and this doesn't seem to be the same problem since it tries to start but acts like it's not getting fire.

Finally took it to the local Nissan dealership service center, and they thought they had it fixed, but after $350 spent I didn't even get it home before it did the same thing and died on me in the middle of the road. Now they have it back, but I'm pretty sure they don't know what the problem is.

Any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts