Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 96 pathfinder. I have had it about 3 years now. When I first got it I dropped the clutch and I died. Couldn't get it to start. It sounded like evrything was working. I could smell gas it was turning over but just won't actually start. I ended up getting a pull and popped the clutch it start and ran just fine (had to get good at driving it real fast). Shut it off and it started immediately. That happened and worked no problem for years. Now at this point in time I've got to shut off the air and listen to the engine real close to give it just the right amount of throttle and it will start and run amazingly. But if not I've got to pull and pop the clutch. What is making making this thing not fire correctly any ideas? When the old pathfinder starts up it runs great I have no issues with it other than that.

· Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,651 Posts
If your clutch pedal is sitting on the floor and not returning back to the upright position, then your clutch pressure plate is in that over-extended position. Back in the day I had the same condition with the diaphragm style type clutch on several makes of cars. The solution was to replace the clutch assembly.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your clutch pedal is sitting on the floor and not returning back to the upright position, then your clutch pressure plate is in that over-extended position. Back in the day I had the same condition with the diaphragm style type clutch on several makes of cars. The solution was to replace the clutch assembly.
Awesome I'll have to give that a shot. My clutch does need replaced but, the pedal does not stick to the floor it has plenty of back pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts