Nissan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to this. I have a 1996 Black 4-door nissan sentra GXE. I would like to make some performance upgrades, and change the look a bit. I haven't done to much to it, just put in a cd player, 750 watt amp, and two 10" kickers in the trunk. Next month I plan on getting a new front bumper and tinting the windows. I am looking for some ideas of what I can do to it. I am in the US Navy with two kids, so cash is kinda limited ( my wife doesn't work at the moment), but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello all. I am new to this. I have a 1996 Black 4-door nissan sentra GXE. I would like to make some performance upgrades, and change the look a bit. You know, turn it into a performance and show car. It wasn't in to bad of shape when I took it over from my wife ( I bought her a 98 windstar because of the babies). It had some minor body damage I fixed, a hole in the front bumper, and a missing cylinder. I haven't done to much to it, just put in a cd player, 750 watt amp, and two 10" kickers in the trunk. Next month I plan on getting a new front bumper and tinting the windows. I am looking for some ideas of what I can do to it. I am in the US Navy with two kids, so cash is kinda limited ( my wife doesn't work at the moment), but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

· Banned
6,855 Posts
start with an intake and exhaust. if you want wheels but are straped for cash try finding a set of se-r wheels and then painting them to your likeing. i got mine for $250. including a set of very used tires but they got me through this season :thumbup:
im going to repaint them because i dont like the flat black

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1.6pete said:
start with an intake and exhaust. if you want wheels but are straped for cash try finding a set of se-r wheels and then painting them to your likeing. i got mine for $250. including a set of very used tires but they got me through this season :thumbup:
im going to repaint them because i dont like the flat black
ok, that brings me to my next question, where do I get a cold air intake and exaust systems that will fit? I searched online and found them for 2000+ Sentra's and a bunch for the 200 SX's

· Mofo
5,304 Posts
For the exhaust, buy a Magnaflow straight through design muffler. Take it to your local muffler shop, and have the weld up a 2" crush bent cat back. Cheap and very affordable.
Now if you want the best, contact Stromung.com for the Stomung cat back system.

You can buy the hotshot cold air intake.
Or you could fab one your self. I have complete instruction on how to do this in my sig below. You will need the intake adaptor, and a filter. I suggest getting it off e bay. NOw remember this is the cheap way, not really the best way, but does work.

· Banned
6,855 Posts
Dragonblade2381 said:
What do you all think of the power chip that is supposed to increase your HP up 20?
it is comeplete and utter bull shit. we have even had people here that have gotten one and it does nothing at all. but you want a cai?!??!?!!? we have a group buy going on right now (i just sent my order in this morning) for a place racing cold air intake. they are $129 brand new, chice of red,blue,yellow.............please go check it out! :thumbup:

· Registered
321 Posts
its all up to you bro. its your money and we are here to help each other.
if it helps any, do some minor research on products and gains. It sounds like a pain, but when you finally think it out right, you will be proud that you used your money on certain products than others

ask yourself what you are really going for.: ricer or racer. Or just to fix it up a bit.
you'll find a ton of group buys (GBs) going on, so, check often, you might find something you like for a great price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.