Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 1996 Maxima with the Active Sound Speakers (not Bose) - the 6 speaker model. The electrical wiring manual specifies that the car has 2 built in amps, front speaker amps and rear speaker amps. However, the manual doesn't specify their exact location.

The manual does display two codes beside the amps (B114 and B115), and a picture of the trunk in the manual shows 2 looms labelled B114 and B115. I've looked in the trunk and there is a metal box with no recongnisable markings other than A97-001. The box is behind the rear seat, right, below rear dash. It has 3 connectors with lots of wires coming out of each, but I do not think that this is the amplifier, since it has too many wires going in/out.

Does anyone know where I can find the amplifier? I need to bypass it, and would like to use the existing wiring. I've already installed the head unit. I would like to avoid ripping out everything looking for where the speaker cable disappears.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Opps, that grey box was the cruise control unit. I found the Clarion amplifier behind the rear passenger back seat, in the trunk. It was on the other side :) It has 2 looms going into it, and from the schematics I figure that they are for the front and rear amplifer.

Edit: - I've just checked the electrical wiring for looms B114 and B115. I now know exactly where my inputs are, where my outputs are, and how to wire it up. I'll be listening to music during the weekend :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts