Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my open door indicator light started flickering on and off, checked all doors and I am certain they are all closed properly. Then I noticed that the ABS and Brake indicators would flash intermittently. So I'm certain there is something more than a stuck door closed button. The problem appears to be getting worse now the door indicator light is on almost all the time and the ABS and Brake lights stay on a lot more often. I'm getting concerned I may have a bad electrical problem. The only thing I did recently was to fix a turn signal problem; I had to replace a blown fuse and replaced a 7.5 fuse with a 10, could that cause the problem? Also can anyone point be to a fuse chart for this year pathy, there's not one on the fuse cover. Thank you.

Jay

·
Registered
41 Posts
'95 Pathfinder Combination Meter

Just recently my open door indicator light started flickering on and off,...... getting worse ..... ABS and Brake lights stay on a lot ....... I had to replace a blown fuse and replaced a 7.5 fuse with a 10, could that cause the problem? Also can anyone point be to a fuse chart for this year pathy, there's not one on the fuse cover.

Jay
The "Idiot Lights" on the dash can be so annoying because they are literally "In-Your-Face".
Your recent fuse swap is not the problem.
A wiring open or short is probably the reason the lights are coming on.
--
Suggest you download (44 MB) the Nissan Service book with this link:
.......... . Service Manual - 1995_Pathfinder
Look at the electrical section ..... it has the Fuse Block image too.
Here is a teezer of the manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 94 pathfinder
the open door light & the interior dome lamp would flicker.
It was a bad latch switch in the hatch
I disconnected the connector & taped it so it wouldn't rattle

So when I open the hatch I now have to manually turn the rear light on

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,917 Posts
Could all be related or could all be seperate issues. You should never install a larger fuse to replace a blown fuse. I would suggest you reinstall a 7.5A fuse. If it blows, then you have a short circuit that needs to be tracked down and corrected. A loose lamp switch bolt, faulty switch, or (as mentioned) a rear latch issue could cause the door warning lamp to illuminate. Low brake fluid could cause the brake and ABS light to come on and go off sparodically. A charging system issue can also cause the brake warning lamps to illuminate, but the charging system warning lamp should illuminate, as well. Still, wouldn't hurt to check your battery and connections, warning lamp operation and charging system output if none of the above suggestions work out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts