Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bypassed the factory clarion amp. not counting the leftover 4 rear speaker wires, i am left with two pink wires and one green with a white stripe.

i am somewhat fearful that the control relay was part of the factory amp (amp consisted of the ampilifier and a separate module housed in white plastic). any help/suggestions for a fix or workaround would be greatly appreciated

factory amp is unavailable for testing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:

So i got the wiring mess somewhat straigtened out(there are still several random wires with 12v). I have located the antenna wire, as well as the power antenna wire from the deck.....when the two are connected, the antenna does not function(for the record, i am 100% positive on the identity of the two wires). The wire from the antenna reads 12v, the wire from the deck, when on tuner, reads ~10v. I also attempted connecting a second 12v to the antenna, still no motion.

Ultimately my question would be: Is the switching circuit for the antenna part of the factory amp assembly, or is something else the culprit.

My next step will be to pull the wheel well and run direct lines to the battery to test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts